Home

Thrillville Quarterly is back!

Valkian

Hello there, good people of Mojo!

I want to let you know that our fully finished site is up!

http://thrillville.mixnmojo.com

I especially encourage you to take a look at Gabez' piece, the rest of it isn't all that great, I know because I wrote it. It is all greatly copy edited though, I know because Haggis did it.

Anyways, do let me know what you think of it.

I'm really up and ready for the next issue and looking for contributors. This time around, I want things to be a bit crazier and more fun, so anyone with ideas for unusual takes on any LucasArts related topic is more than welcome. One thing I'd really like to have this time, is some fiction. Like a Day of The Tentacle story written as a Lovecraft pastiche, or a short story about secondary characters from any game (maybe a story about a gathering of secondary characters from several games). Poetry is just as welcomed.

I'm also looking for an interesting concept for a Star Wars 1313 article.

If you'd like to participate with any of these things, or have your own crazy ideas to propose, let me know!

Great to see some life stirring in a hosted site! Wasn't thrillville something to do with roller coasters?

I'm sure not even Jim Ward remembers.

The site began as a fake fansite for Thrillville and with the years it evolved into something else and the name sort of stuck. Actually, I never played any of the Thrillville games, maybe that's wrong.

• 2 months later...

In what could be defined as the second longest quarter in history, the time has finally come and the second issue of The Thrillville Quarterly, has been released!

cover_02.jpg

That magnificent cover illustration was made by Jón Kristinsson, who makes some wonderful adventure game tributes. Among the many great articles featured, we have this interview with Dave Grossman, an article by Gabez on imagination and Escape From Monkey Island, one by elTee on the Double Fine Adventure and a short story by Haggis, among some other things.

Enjoy!

Archived