Home

Prometheus

This is exactly how the Aliens and/or Predator fanbase sees it.

Had to clear something up: I don't see myself part of that AVP fan base, I tend to think of AVP as non-canon myself.

Firstly the good; the Visuals are absolutely stunning

The visuals are stunning. It's too bad they had to rip off the Prometheus ship design from the ship from/that is Firefly. Doubling the engines doesn't make it less of a rip-off.

Michael Fassbender's performance is impressive. If they ever do a Peter O'Toole biopic, I think we've got the perfect casting available!

I'll give the movie that much.

No real H.R. Giger designs? Lame.

So I FINALLY saw it.

And... it was great... I mean, I took it as it was and unlike a lot of people around the net, I'm not asking too many questions and trying to dissect every little bit of it to try to make sense of every single frame.

That said... I don't like the way it ended... Why? Because they could've easily tied it into a neat bow and said "this is where it starts for Alien"... instead they're saying "wait for Prometheus 2"... which is stupid.

What they should have done:

The setting shouldn't have been a moon designated LV-223, it should have been the planetoid designated LV-426 from the original Alien movie.

Fpr the epilogue, instead of the engineer simply dying as the proto-facehugger implanted him, he should have woken up during the epilogue, crawled his way back to the pilot chair of his ship, got back into his space suit and tried to initiate the medical scan or something, but before he can the chestburster happens and he dies as you see his corpse in Alien with the queen being born right there on the ship.

If those two things were different about this movie then it would pretty much be able to be tied directly to Alien and Prometheus would be an awesome stand-alone prequel setup to Alien.

However, that's not how it happens in the movie... and that makes me sad.

I know it's not a prequel to Alien, that was my point. It should have been and even so it could still stand on its own because all they needed to do to have the movie stand on its own but still be a prequel to Alien were those two changes I mentioned in my spoiler tags. They can make Prometheus 2 if they want to, but if this movie had've set up the events that lead up to Alien then they could've freely explored the other aspects the movie introduced in its sequel and make it run parallel to the events that affect the Nostromo years later.

It's a huge missed opportunity because now everyone is going to expect things to be tied in a neat little bow in the sequel which will end up hurting that sequel more than it helps. If they had done it with this movie, said "okay, there's the connection with Alien, but if we make a sequel it will explore new and unknown territory" that would've been awesome. But they didn't, so now it's just going to get overly complicated and peoples expectations will be screwed with.

So I FINALLY saw it.

And... it was great... I mean, I took it as it was and unlike a lot of people around the net, I'm not asking too many questions and trying to dissect every little bit of it to try to make sense of every single frame.

That said... I don't like the way it ended... Why? Because they could've easily tied it into a neat bow and said "this is where it starts for Alien"... instead they're saying "wait for Prometheus 2"... which is stupid.

What they should have done:

The setting shouldn't have been a moon designated LV-223, it should have been the planetoid designated LV-426 from the original Alien movie.

Fpr the epilogue, instead of the engineer simply dying as the proto-facehugger implanted him, he should have woken up during the epilogue, crawled his way back to the pilot chair of his ship, got back into his space suit and tried to initiate the medical scan or something, but before he can the chestburster happens and he dies as you see his corpse in Alien with the queen being born right there on the ship.

If those two things were different about this movie then it would pretty much be able to be tied directly to Alien and Prometheus would be an awesome stand-alone prequel setup to Alien.

However, that's not how it happens in the movie... and that makes me sad.

Cool ideas Lynk I'm glad you liked it.

I'm hoping a sequel will maybe be taken to LV-426 it would be cool because it's definitely wide open at the end.

Cool ideas Lynk I'm glad you liked it.

I'm hoping a sequel will maybe be taken to LV-426 it would be cool because it's definitely wide open at the end.

Yeah, and that's exactly the problem I was talking about. It's too open at the end in terms of Alien. If they tied the loose ends then they could've just said "that's how the story ties into Alien with the Xenomorphs, but from now on we're dealing with this other untold story about the Space Jockey species that will take us into a whole new direction.

They could have done this and made a much more clear distinction between the two series that are set in the same universe instead of constantly having to keep up with peoples expectations of "how does this fit into what we know about the Xenomorphs?"

Archived