Home

IDEA!!

bunjeeman

Heads up:

THIS IS GOING TO BE A LENGTHY POST, SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE

Hey, I've been doing a lot of stuff recently; playing games, reading stories, writing fics, and I had an idea. Well, several, really. And since I'm still just mucking around with mods, and have no idea how to upload them for sharing, I'm stuck with having to suggest. And they're intended for KotOR one, but if you think they could go with KotOR II, knock yourself out.

I came across a mod once that went like this; you talk to Trask at the beginning of the game, and there is an extra bit of dialogue about what species you are (alien heads were included in the mod), and whatever you say you are, you get a feat for (if you select Duros, you get 'Duros', which gives some sort of boost).

Over the last few days, I've been assembling a mod suggestion based on that (had the idea, but built on it before posting. It's no use putting up a suggestion if it only gets 'what is this I don't even...?):

Extra classes.

Now, I know what you'll think straight up; '*sigh* another one? Really?'

I know. Its a common idea, and not many people bother to try (as far as I know, the classes things is either hard coded or insanely difficult), but this isn't just a 'new classes thing; there are other things included, namely, powers, weapons, feats, and crystals.

Okay, here we go.

First, I'll start with the powers, since its a lead up to the class idea. Note: Unless otherwise specified, these are restricted by armor.

POWERS

Neutral:

-Battle Meditation (Strictly K1. Instead of having it as a useless icon in Bastilla's power tab, I'd like to give it an application; activates all buff powers that she has (I use Bastilla as a party booster, so it seemed appropriate))

-Cast Speed (Like the name says, though I think it needs a name change (couldn't think up anything myself). Req. Master Speed)

-Force Absorb (Third upgrade of the 'Force Resist'. You gain Force Points equal to what your level+wis modifier)

-Electric Drain (Inspired by inFamous. Drain Life that works on droids only. Not Restricted by armor)

-Electric Strike (Inspired by inFamous. Super powered Shock. Does electric damage, 1-7 times a maximum of ten levels. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Megawatt Hammer (Inspired by inFamous. Uses the following animations;same animation as shock/lightning, Recoloured Powere blast shot (blue/white), and Ion grenade explosion. Set the damage at leisure. Not Restricted by armor)

-Thunder Storm (Inspired by inFamous. Works like Lightning, but looks like storm. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Raid (Inspired by Kingdom Hearts. Like Throw Lightsaber, only it needs a keyblade instead of lightsaber. Not Restricted by armor)

-Stopga (Inspired by Kingdom Hearts. Stasis without the Field effect. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Aeroga (Multi Whirlwind without damage. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Graviga (Does periodic Universal damage 1-6 times a maximum of ten levels. Haven't decideed on the animation, so feel free to make one up yourself. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Thundaga (Non Dark Side lightning. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Blizaga (Lightning, only with Cold damage and some sort of ice beam animation. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Firaga (Lightning, only with Fire damage and animation. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

Light side:

-Force Light (Light Side lightning. Deals Light Side damage, 1-8 times a maximum of fifteen levels. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers)

-Foresight (Defence buff on party. +3 to defence and +4 to reflex)

-Invigorate (Third upgrade of Cure. Heals 15 + one point for every charisma and wisdom modifier, as well as every character level. Removes poisons and stun/fear/paralysis effects. Revitalizes fallen characters)

-Serenity (Rage buff for light side.

1st level; +1vitality per level, +2str, +1def, +2will saves, immune to paralysis.

2nd level; +2vitality per level, +3str, +2def, +2reflex and will saves, immune to paralysis/stasis.

3rd level; +3vitality per level, +4str, +3def, +3relex, +5will, immune to paralysis/stasis/poison

Not Restricted by armor)

-Calming Aura (Buffs party with Serenity on 1st level, SerenityII on 2nd level. Does not stack with Serenity)

-Presence (Lowers the defense and will saves of all enemies in fifteen meters by 2. Not restricted by armor)

-Synergy (battle meditation for everyone else.)

Dark side:

-Intimidate (Lowers the defense of all enemies in fifteen meters by 3. Not restricted by armor)

-Corruption (Lowers the attributes of the target)

-Cloud the Force (Third upgrade of Force Suppress. AoE power, does the same as Force Breach and Plague minus damage to health. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers)

-Ethereal Storm (Whirlwind with Force Storm. Periodic damage. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Alter Flesh (Boost Vitality of allies by +2 per affected companion level+main character wis and cha modifiers. Does not stack with Enrage/Rage. Not Restricted by armor)

-Destroy Mind (Insanity with periodic Bludgeoning damage. Replaces Insanity DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Rage (Does not stack with Alter Flesh

1st; +1 vitality per level, +2str, +2dex, +3fortitude, immune to paralysis.

2nd; +3 vitality per level, +3str, +3dex, +4fortitude, immune to paralysis/fear.

3rd; +3 vitality per level, +5str, +3dex, +5fortitude, immune to paralysis/fear/poison

Not Restricted by armor)

-Enrage (Buffs party with Rage on 1st level, RageII on 2nd level. Does not stack with Rage/Alter Flesh)

-Dark Speed (Upgrade of Master Speed. +4 to defence and three extra attacks per round. Animation; black energy shield, if possible)

-Freezing Void (1-6 Cold damage, freezes target. DC=5+attacking character's level and cha/wis modifiers. Not Restricted by armor)

-Illusion (Defence buff for party. +3def. Not Restricted by armor)

-Poison Strike (Technically a feat, but appears in the 'attackpower' slot of the HUD. Plague, but not restricted by armor. Animation;basic attack)

-Purge (Dark side Healing

1st; Heals within 15 meters, heals5 HP+1HP for every cha/wis modifier. -2def on all affected

2nd; Heals within 15 meters, heals10 HP+1HP for every cha/wis modifier. -3def and +2str on all affected

3rd; Heals within 15 meters, heals15 HP+1HP for every cha/wis modifier. -3def and +3str on all affected

Not restricted by armor)

-Sith Lightning (1-8 Dark Side damage time a maximum of fifteen levels)

-Drain Allies (Drain life usable on party members)

-Invoke Darkness (Whirldwind around character that deals 1-6 periodic Dark Side damage times a maximum fifteen levels to adjacent enemies)

FEATS

-Ars Arcanum (Inspired by Kingdom Hearts. Two extra attacks per round. Fourth upgrade of flurry)

-Shatter Point (Threat range quadrupled. If target fails fortitude save, they are stunned for six seconds. No def penalty. DC=character level+str modifier. DC=5 Instant Death. Fourth upgrade of critical strike)

-Ars Solum (Master Attack with -5 to hit and adds dex modifier as well.One extra attack per round. Fourth upgrade of power attack)

CLASSES

Right, like I said at the top, there was a mod where you got the species benefit through a feat. You could design access to these powers/classes as requiring the feat of the class.

e.g.

Sith Lightning.

Prerequisits:

Sith Mage

Sith Sorcerer

But if you think you can add these classes for real, good luck to you.

Okay, here they are, descriptions and all.

First off, if you like the story feel, you could have a holocron in the temple or academy that will give them out, but please remember they are not available to every class, only two to each, though two classes can select the same class;

Sorcerer/Prophet-> Consular

Mage/Historian-> Sentinel/Consular

Alchemist/Peacekeeper->Sentinel/Gurdian

Decimator/Crusader-> Guardian

Sith Sorcerer

Description:

There are some born in the galaxy with the gift – or curse – of summoning dark and twisted things from the depths of the dark side itself. A Sith Sorcerer is typically one such being, trained to conjure that which gives the dark side of the Force its namesake, twisting and manipulating the now and future to their malevolent will. Due to this, however, they are restricted to wearing strictly robes.

Powers: (NOTE: This is optional; go crazy if you like)

Sith Lightning

Enrage 1-2

Destroy Mind

Invoke Darkness

Cast Speed

Cloud the Force

Dark Speed

Purge 1-3

Corruption

Jedi Prophet

Description:

The Jedi and Sith probe the future in combat, though for the Sith, their interest in the future ends there; they would rather manipulate or dominate the future. The Jedi see the future as what it is; an ever shifting thing, merciless in its ways of shattering plans. The Jedi Prophet is a rare individual, revered in the archives of the Jedi Order, able to probe not the immediate future, but what will be after the rise and fall of empires, even after the galaxies have turned around each other.

Powers:

Foresight

Invigorate

Force Light

Calming Aura 1-2

Sith Mage

Description:

The Mage is a practitioner of arcane arts and rituals inherited from the ancient Sith. As is inherent with their practices, their mentality is one of looking to the past to dominate the now. As they take a more active role on the field, they typically wear medium armor that, while durable, is still flexible enough for their various roles, and does not restrict the use of most Force powers.

Powers:

Sith Lightning

Ethereal Storm

Freezing Void

Corruption

Illusion

Dark Speed

Purge 1-2

Destroy Mind

Jedi Historian

Description:

Not all Jedi are active in the galaxy. Some remain in the libraries, studying the past histories of both the Jedi Order and the galaxy. Sadly, even these are required to put aside their roles as learners and step into the fray of war, dwindled as the Jedi ranks are. Though they are limited in the arts of combat, they have gleamed various secrets of the Force through their studies.

Powers:

Force Absorb

Force Light

Invigorate

Cast Speed

Calming Aura

Sith Alchemist

Description:

Sith alchemy is an area of study in the Sith that Relies heavily on the understanding of the flesh. Contradictory in nature, it focuses less on hindering the enemy and more on aiding one’s allies, though they are still perfectly capable of causing great damage. Wears medium or heavy armor.

Powers:

Purge 1-3

Poison Strike

Corruption

Illusion

Cloud the Force

Alter Flesh

Jedi Peacekeeper

Description:

The fragility of peace is defended by the tip of the sword. The pen is mightier than the sword. Actions speak louder than words. Those that keep the peace in the galaxy, smoothing differences between worlds and races, juggle these words endlessly, working tirelessly to preserve that which civilisation itself is built upon. As not all negotiations are non-aggressive, they typically wear medium or heavy armor.

Powers:

Serenity 1-3

Synergy

Presence

Sith Decimator

Description:

The strongest Warriors of the Sith are trained to slay the strongest adversaries, and destroy the mightiest of Jedi. Though their training dictates they restrict themselves to the direct approach, they are fully able to take the more subtle path, armed with the arts of subterfuge and shadow. Prepared to lay waste to even the heaviest installations, they wear heavy armor at all times.

Powers:

Force Camouflage

Rage 1-3

Intimidate

Sneak attack 1-10

Jedi Crusader

Description:

Many padawans in the Order are chastised for expressing the opinion that the evils in the galaxy should be actively sought out. There are masters that embrace these thoughts. The Jedi Crusader is one who doesn’t wait for the dark side to wax full on the face of the galaxy, instead taking pre-emptive action against that which they find in the shadows they brave. In readiness for the challenges and adversities that inevitably face, they constantly wear the heaviest armor.

Powers:

Serenity 1-3

Prescence

Calming Aura 1-2

Crystals

No colors here, make those yourselves

Dathomir (+1dex, +3blaster deflect, +2will)

Kaas (1d6 Dark Side damage. If target fails save of DC=10+ wisdom modifier, they are paralyzed by fear)

Weapons

Keyblade

YOu can make whatever ones you like; there's hundreds of designs

(base stats of lightsaber (including the deflect feature), but only upgradeable with energy projecter/vibration cell/alloy.

Projector-1d6 slashing

Alloy-----+3 Light Side damage

V.Cell----+5 base/max damage

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it. If you think you can do it, go ahead, but feel free to take bits and pieces (its not like I can claim plagiarism, since I've put the idea out there).

Good luck!

B*****, almost forgot...

Uh, yeah, I know that when looking over these things, some of it may seem over powered and impossible to use while at the same time keeping the game balanced, but I do have a solution for this. It does, however, operate on the assumption that you are going to use it in a mod.

The solution is to simply buff every enemy character you will ever fight, from the vulkars to Malak. My suggestion is to give them a stat boost (nothing too big), and give them some extra powers/items. Some more feats wouldn't hurt (like master dueling/two-weapon or conditioning).

Alright, then perhaps the idea that inspired this will have to do; add a feat that gives you access to these.

It would have to work like this;

Select feat at (point in game you prefer). Gaining one feat blocks out all the others (e.g. Sith Mage, Prerequisits: Jedi Consular/Jedi Sentinel, not accessible by Sith Sorcerer)

The feat itself can give a boost of some sort if you don't want it to be an idle feat.

Also, you could have the Kingdom Hearts and inFamous inspired powers as feats, and add them to a new non-force user class (conduit and Keyblade Wielder).

Alright, then perhaps the idea that inspired this will have to do; add a feat that gives you access to these.

It would have to work like this;

Select feat at (point in game you prefer). Gaining one feat blocks out all the others (e.g. Sith Mage, Prerequisits: Jedi Consular/Jedi Sentinel, not accessible by Sith Sorcerer)

The feat itself can give a boost of some sort if you don't want it to be an idle feat.

Also, you could have the Kingdom Hearts and inFamous inspired powers as feats, and add them to a new non-force user class (conduit and Keyblade Wielder).

I will attempt the feats/powers in my spare time, but will be MIA until the CenturyTel bill is paid. :( It's a lot. I will PM you personally when I get back in the modding scene.

Even though you can add classes to some extent, you can't change the classes available at the start of the game, and you can't give a character more than two classes. So you could not be a Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel, Guardian/Sentinel/Consular, and something else.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind some of the powers you mentioned. They seem overpowered, or otherwise not very true to the Force as depicted in the films. And there are already a lot of powers in the games like that, ones that exist simply to replicate a standard RPG spell rather than anything that's actually depicted in Star Wars. There are already lots of established Force powers that aren't represented in the game. I'd suggest looking there for inspiration.

Even though you can add classes to some extent, you can't change the classes available at the start of the game, and you can't give a character more than two classes. So you could not be a Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel, Guardian/Sentinel/Consular, and something else.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind some of the powers you mentioned. They seem overpowered, or otherwise not very true to the Force as depicted in the films. And there are already a lot of powers in the games like that, ones that exist simply to replicate a standard RPG spell rather than anything that's actually depicted in Star Wars. There are already lots of established Force powers that aren't represented in the game. I'd suggest looking there for inspiration.

Um, well I did say there was a solution for modders, that is, increase the difficulty manually, and since there are so many powers, the player wouldn't be able to get them all, and so would need to focus on one area (buff or attack). Also, most of the powers are restricted by armor, and are redundant to have along with their Light Side)Dark Side counterparts (heal and purge, for example).

As for the Force, you'll find that a lot of people have a lot of interperetations of how it may be applied/used/conjured/whatever your interperetation is. As for the reason why I suggested them; it is a Star Wars game, made for fun. The powers are based on Star Wars and standard RPG spells, yes, but the whole point of modding is to put new stuff out there for fun, which is the point of games, and there a lot of people who love/deeply enjoy the feeling of using powers from other games, either because of crossover dreams or wanting to use some other powers.

As for inspiration, Star Wars is the inspiration for many powers and abilities, but I like not to limit myself there. As I said, people like a lot of stuff, and so I branch out. I considered also adding a Newtype suggestion (Gundam Seed/Unicorn), but decided against it (don't want to put too much out there for people to do).

I see the point in your arguement, but really, if you're using mods such as these, a balanced game isn't on your mind. Otherwise, use the suggestion to up the dificulty (someone knows how).

• 2 months later...

Possible use is that some of the force abilities will be used by Hostile NPCs.

Well I do have plenty of ideas that might have good work well with his ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some progress. First off, I'm only doing the force powers as of yet, and some, like Blizzaga and thundaga, I'm not even doing because they seem to be a trifle to me. Others are nice and done. On the Purge spell, do you want it as what you posted or do you like my design, where death field heals your party members as well?

I have made some progress. First off, I'm only doing the force powers as of yet, and some, like Blizzaga and thundaga, I'm not even doing because they seem to be a trifle to me. Others are nice and done. On the Purge spell, do you want it as what you posted or do you like my design, where death field heals your party members as well?

Hmm. Death field healing others...Yes, that sounds better. Thanks. Point me to the finished article when it's done.

Also, to everyone else, I've had an idea for how to better the class add-ons; have it similar to a tech tree (if you don't know what that is, it's fairly easy to look up on google).

Lulz @ the Final Fantasy powers. Would be interesting, but existing Star Wars canon powers already cover those (Thundaga, Aeroga, and Gravity corresponding to Storm, Wave, and Slow, respectively, for example).

That's mostly the reason why I'm not doing any of those spells, except for Aeroga. Aeroga was an easy one.

@OP:

Yeah going to have to throw my lot in with some of the seasoned modders here. So far as creating new ones...I don't know. Maybe? I seriously doubt if you could 'create' a new class--but maybe someone here could inform me otherwise?

I've only ever worked on dialog or altered the player character's appearance to something else and given him Malak's voice. More just playing around with existing tools than modding really.

I have poked around enough to find there are other classes already in the game:

Im pretty sure you can add new classes, but not force-using ones.

Hm. You mean the incomplete ones not used in the game?

Bounty Hunter being one, though can't remember the rest. This from my rusting memory of that TSL warp band mod.

@OP:

Yeah going to have to throw my lot in with some of the seasoned modders here. So far as creating new ones...I don't know. Maybe? I seriously doubt if you could 'create' a new class--but maybe someone here could inform me otherwise?

I've only ever worked on dialog or altered the player character's appearance to something else and given him Malak's voice. More just playing around with existing tools than modding really.

I have poked around enough to find there are other classes already in the game:

Hm. You mean the incomplete ones not used in the game?

Bounty Hunter being one, though can't remember the rest. This from my rusting memory of that TSL warp band mod.

I hope I'm clear this time (sincerely, not snide or sarcastic). It's not adding new classes into the already existing class system. It is supposed to work as such:

There are a few feats that read 'Prerequisites - /co/'. In the case of this mod, one power would read 'Prerequisites - Jedi Crusader'. The Jedi Crusader, as stated above, will not be selected as a class according to the already existing class system. It will instead be a feat, one that acts as a buff (if you feel it necessary), or one that does nothing, like battle meditation does with bastila.

Once you have this feat, you will have access to the feats that require it. It works much like a tech tree, just without the tree. Example;

--------------- Presence

Jedi Crusader--- Calming Aura - Imp. Calming Aura

---------------- Serenity - Imp. Serenity - Mas. Serenity

KotOR feat selection doesn't work like that, I know, but you get the idea; not working off the pre-existing class system.

Now the way you get this, or any of the 'Classes', is up to you, but I would like to mention that you should ideally have it only available from a dialogue (like battle precognition in TSL).

Theres really no poin because you wont be able to play as them. Only npcs or as your second class, but then you won't be a force user.

About force using stuff; the flame throwers and shock arms for droids are in the same slot as Force Powers, only they rely on charges. Would a feat be able to grant something like that? (though without a limited amount of charges. This, I think, would be useful for another idea of mine, but that would be getting off topic)

Archived