Home

LucasArts Adventure Games and Remakes

Jenni

I thought it would be fun to break down the amount of LucasArts adventure games and remakes by decade. Remakes in this case counts remakes of a game on the same platform, not when they were ported, even though games ported in the 1980's and early 1990's were often very different, unlike today (this includes Loom and Zak FM-Towns, for simplicity sake, even though they could really be considered remakes). I'm also not including VGA versions or CD talkie versions, unless the game was changed considerably (ie: Monkey Island 1 VGA or Loom PC CD).

1980's

4 new adventures: Labyrinth, Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

2 remakes: Maniac Mansion enhanced and Zak McKracken enhanced for PC

1990's

10 new adventures: Loom, The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle, The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango

3 remakes: Monkey Island 1 PC VGA, Monkey Island 1 PC CD, Loom PC CD

2000's

2 new adventures: Escape from Monkey Island, Tales of Monkey Island (developed by Telltale, but LucasArts was very hands-on as evidenced by the Guybrush concept art)

1 remake: The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition

2010's

1 remake: Monkey Island 2 Special Edition

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition was 2010. :)

Hey, you're right. The 2010's aren't as bleak as I painted them. :) In a few years, when the next LucasArts president comes in, we still might have a chance to at least tie the last decade's output. :D

Archived