Home

How active is the community?

Tyvark

Well, it's going on a decade now since KOTOR 1 came out and I was just wondering how active the community still is and how long you guys think it will be. I think it will be active for at least 2 or 3 more years seeing as there's at least 3 total conversions still being made but tell me what you think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeeeell, we could all reamain in contact if nothing else. True, LF is not as active as it once was and it has seen busier days. Still, it's lively enough that I notice a few people a week post in the various sub-forums. The Swamp seems tightly knit, I mean they all have contact with one another outside LF. I haven't been on skype in forever. Social networks...meh. I'd like to be more involved in XBL, Steam, and part of me wishes to be on PSN but that's probably not going to happen.

Everyone who is somewhat loyal to this place sticks around and posts threads and posts and such. We still talk about vidya occasionally, but yeah, if LucasArts actually released games more often that were worth talking about this place would be a lot better off.

K1 is a classic and people who have played it and enjoyed it back in 2003 will surely continue to play it in the days to come, if not for the nostalgia of fond memories but because of the fun of it. I'm not saying that there is still this huge cult following even today but dedicated gamers won't shelf KOTOR simply because it's not "hip" anymore.

Damn people and their growing up ruining fun for everyone, having to work and do responsible stuff, having to pay bills and stuff and then getting suckered into banging some chick, having some kids, paying for the kids, working yourself to death and giving up all of your hopes and dreams when you were younger, convincing yourself that this really dull, boring life is what you really wanted but it really isn't and you feel cold and empty inside as your family keeps you on life support even though it's your time to go and they just leave you there as a husk of an empty man, like some kind of zombie that can't move and doesn't have the will to go on but keep going on and on and on...

...what was I saying?

I think people just grew up too, you tend not to spend as much time online as you did back in high school. Or at least that's true for me... :p

I didn't get the Internet until I was 24, so I got all my Real life ridiculousness out of the way beforehand :)

Looks fan made to me, I'd of thought Kreia would be on the cover, or maybe a whole new cover all together.

It looks like something I would've made actually... none of you outside of certain staff members have seen it, but at one time I created a site design for starwarsknights.net that unfortunately never got implemented because of lack of interest/motivation/whatever which had me combining elements of covers of both KotOR I and II.

Of course, it wasn't as extensive as this collection cover, but I didn't have much to work with while whoever made that cover obviously had the source material.

Archived