Home

Kotor Scripting Tool (New Application)

Well I decided to throw my hat into the ring amidst the slew of Scripting tools for the Kotor games. It was never really my intent to make an app this big but as I started coding I just couldn't stop lol. I started mostly out of my frustration with the other script compilers either not working on my windows 7 machine or lacking features I have become accustomed to in other text processors I use.

Anyways feel free to use and or test it out. Overall I would love to hear feedback from you guys :D.

About Kotor Scripting Tool

Kotor Scripting Tool is my attempt at a scripting interface for nwnnsscomp.exe.

The tool has many useful features to try and make the scripting process a lot easier.

Features include:

Compile & Decompile Scripts (Powered by nwnnsscomp.exe)

Syntax highlighting

Tabbed Text Editor

Advanced Find & Replace

Browsable nwscript function list

Browsable nwscript constants list

To attempt to decompile a .ncs script just open it up with the editor and it will attempt to decompile it.

Future things I would like to include are full decompile capability, and Autocomplete for functions and constants.

I am using Fred Tetra's version of nwnnsscomp.exe therefor it should be compatible with both kotor & tsl. Just a note I have only tried Kotor atm. If you have tsl installed it shoould work though.

Screenshot

th_theeditor.jpgth_findandreplace.jpgth_find.jpg

Change Log

v0.1.4.0

* Fixed a bug that was causing the program to crash on Windows XP.

v0.1.3.1

* Fixed a bug where functions with lower case names like the math functions "acos" and "sin" were not displayed correctly in the functions list (Total functions affected 11)

* The Functions and Constants lists are now automatically sorted alphabetically by name.

v0.1.3.0

*Added preliminary AutoComplete capability for function suggestions as you type.

*As AutoComplete is still kind of buggy I added a button in the Options menu to turn off AutoComplete functionality.

*Added the ability to set KotOR Scripting Tool as the default application for .nss & .ncs files

*Added more documentation.

*If you choose Find or Find and Replace the "Find What" field will now be populated with your current selection.

Installation

Exe Installer

If you download the installer just browse to your download folder and run the setup file. *Note* The installer will also associate .nss & .ncs files with Kotor Scripting Tool.

Z-Zip Archive

Download and extract the file below. Once extracted navigate to the directory and run Kotor Scripting Tool.exe

BTW to uncompress the files you will need an application that can uncompress 7-Zip files.

This program was compiled in C# with version 4.0 of the .NET Framework if you do not already have it downloaded you will need to download it here.

Current Release

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.4.0 Automatic Installer [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.4.0 7-Zip [Download Here]

Previous Versions

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.1 Automatic Installer [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.1 7-Zip [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.0 Automatic Installer [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.3.0 7-Zip [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.2.0 7-Zip [Download Here]

Kotor Scripting Tool v0.1.1.0 7-Zip [Download Here]

If there are any bugs I do apologize I have tried to make sure I got them all... but there always seems to be one or two that slip out.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived