Home

Is there a way to learn Star Wars from the very beginning to end?

Hello,

Im relativly new to Star Wars in general and i want to learn everything there is to know about it, from canon to non canon, novels, movies, games, manga/comics, ect ect. So is there any type of media to absorb from the absolute beginning of Star Wars to the latest in order? Im looking to do this from the earliest years documented in the SW Universe, so thats the hardest part for me. My best guess at this point is that the earliest years of the SW Universe was in a book. I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Im currently playing KOTOR at the moment, and i searched and found something called

Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith.

Apparently thats as far back as i've found it goes on BBY storylines for Star Wars Expanded Universe. I think i found that on wookiepedia.

Hello,

Im relativly new to Star Wars in general and i want to learn everything there is to know about it, from canon to non canon, novels, movies, games, manga/comics, ect ect.

Sorry to say this, but that's a wild goose bantha chase. It's better that you take an overall look and focus on what you like the most.

So is there any type of media to absorb from the absolute beginning of Star Wars to the latest in order?

This book (and the rest of the series) is placed in the oldest timeframe that exists in the Star Wars Universe.

P.S: I assume that you've seen all six movies? That's the basics to understand Star Wars.

@OP: Look up the timeline on wookieepedia.

In a nutshell...

It won't really start to get interesting until you reach around 5000 BBY. The Republic started in 25,000 BBY. Before that (as you will learn in KOTOR) the Infinite Empire was around before that.

Prior to the 5000 BBY mark (or maybe my memory is rusty), well there was the first great schism and exiling out dark jedi who went to the sith system and found a desert moon there and some apparently indigenous people (actually once hailed from Droumund Kaas). They were deemed sith people. The dark jedi proclaimed themselves lords of these sith people, interbreeding with them. Eventually this culminated into the Great Hyperspace War.

After that everything is history. About a thousand years later Exar Kun did his thing. Decades later Revan and the Exile. 3 centuries after that the resurgent sith empire emerged.

As best as I can determine, the galaxy after that point descended into an endless war of stalemates that would span milennia, despite whatever specifics. At one point the republic was even thought to have ceased to exist on any official level.

Later about 1000 BBY, A young man, Dessel, seeing only injustices and wrongdoings by the Republic joins the Brotherhood of Darkness. This leads him down the path that would make him Darth Bane. Orchestrating the Bortherhood's demise, he commits the sith order to secrecy with the rule of two.

A thousand years later the films.

Then 135 years after ROTJ ended is the Legacy series.

That's pretty much it.

Archived