Home

Death Star freezing

Doshalo

Hello, I apologize in advance if this has already been answered. I could not seem to find a search option on the forum.

While playing EAW I only have one issue. Various times that I have tried to blow up planets with the Death Star the game will completely freeze up. I have to exit out the program and start it over. It got to the point at which I had to save before every space battle.

I have tried NUMEROUS versions of the game. I've tried 'The best of Star Wars' version. The EAW two disk gold pack from Wal-Mart. A torrented version. And the purchased Steam version. Every one of these shares the same issue and it is obvious to me that my computer is the problem.

Has anyone else had anything like this? And if so, could you recommend a fix for me? Much appreciated.

Ok so if anyone EVER has this problem, I've discovered a workaround - Not a fix. You have to eliminate the major heroes on the surface of the planet before you destroy it. ie with Boba Fett or a land invasion.

I've searched all over the web for a fix to this and only found 2 people experiencing the same problem. I will post this workaround a bit on other places in an attempt to bring some sort of hope for future google searches of this issue.

Archived