Home

Edit/Second POst of "Favorite Type Of Music?" Due to not Enough Options

thejman217

Favorite Type of Music? (EDIT?Second Post?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Type of Music? (EDIT?Second Post?

• Alternative Rock
    • Blues/Swing/Ragtime
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Dance
    • Electronic/Techno/Progressive/Disco & all other genres related to this one....
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Jazz
    • Karaoke
    • Pop
    • R&B/Soul
    • Rock
    • Heavy Metal
    • 70s
    • 80s or 90s or both
    • Classic Rock
    • X-Mas (Christmas Music)
    • Christian Music (All types)
    • Reggae
    • Soft Rock

So many choices!!! Well I'm a rocker but I do have Latin flare so reggae is a must (or cumbias), I can 'wobble' like no other and 'sexy and I know it' is my theme song. So I'm all over the place :D But rock is the dominate feature in my iPod. :urpdude:

:-)

Wow, over-sensitive much? Show a little more backbone guys, just a little.

I'm not voting because I listen to such a broad range of music and that I don't really ally myself to a particular genre that the poll is something I can't vote on.

@ thejman217: To answer your question directly about whether I like music... I listen to music practically non-stop and I carry my mp3 player around everywhere, it's a Cowon J3 which has an impressively precise sound engine and a battery life that can last a week of CONTINUOUS non-stop use without a recharge.

Wow, over-sensitive much? Show a little more backbone guys, just a little.

I'm not voting because I listen to such a broad range of music and that I don't really ally myself to a particular genre that the poll is something I can't vote on.

That's what 'All of the Above' is for, Lynk.

Chose:

Alternative Rock

Electronic (specifically, Trance)

Rock

Classic Rock

Soft Rock

Some questions because I'm curious of how you ahtonauts manage your music:

1. How big is your library?

2. Is it ordered/neat or not?

3. What program(s) do you use to manage your library?

4. What media format(s) do you use?

5. What is your primary player?

6. What headphones/speakers do you use?

1. I've got a fairly small library: 797 tracks; 7.4gb; 2days 5 hours.

2. ...and it's meticulously ordered.

3. I Use MusicBee, which is a lightweight and powerful music manager. Got it because I hated how bloated itunes was.

4. AAC, vbr @ ~320kbps. Used to use FLAC. Don't know why I switched, but I don't mind AAC.

5. Primary player is my Android phone, an HTC Evo 3D.

6. Shure SE215 In Ear Monitors. The first pair of IEM's I've had. I couldn't believe the sound isolation when I first got them. Most people can't when I show it to them.

and a battery life that can last a week of CONTINUOUS non-stop use without a recharge.

o_O

Now Jigos has the right idea... and don't look at me that way. If you have the screen off and keep it off you can push the J3 for a week. I love it, it's awesome, that kind of battery life is enough to kill for cause it basically means that at no point will you face a situation where you run out of battery and then there's suddenly no music... that would be a NIGHTMARE.

Let's just say I am planning to invest an a NAS which will have a number of hard drives in a RAID10 array... there's just not enough room with what I have currently.

Very organised, very neat. If it's not tagged and doesn't have an album cover or missing info or whatever, it's in a folder where it's awaiting being tagged and organised accordingly. I do everything manually because I've found the various programs that have auto-taggers to be pretty damn inaccurate when it comes to certain music I have.

Mp3tag and Windows Explorer... edit tags with Mp3tag and move stuff into appropriate folders based on music source, artist, album, etc...

FLAC and MP3. FLAC for archiving and playback on PC and MP3 on my Cowon J3... even though it can play FLAC as well lol. It's only 32GB so I do it to save space.

Cowon J3 Portable Media Player... and on my PC, believe it or not.... Zune Player, it's surprisingly good.

Sony MDREX510SLB In-Ear Headphones. It's not the most awesomely expensive best of the best headphones ever, but it's great for the price and very energy efficient. Plus, why buy the best of the best uber expensive headphones if you're listening to MP3? Anyway, these Sony ones act like ear plugs so it basically blocks out the entire world outside leaving only the music.

As for speakers. I route my PC sound through HDMI to my sound system... the speakers are big and they're loud and they're awesome.

@ LDR: There is no such option and the choices presented are very limited :p

Sorry that the choices are limited. They are the ones that came into my head when creating this poll. And as for the "not an all of the above option". I made it so you can check every box if you wanted to, and THEN submit your vote. :)

+50 points to Jigos for a glorious save of the thread.

72.9gb, ~23d

8,225 files

I keep rapidly adding/deleting files though. Don't like too much bloat.

I meticulously pick out tags and album art, so yes, yes it is. >_> The folder structure itself is a bit messy but that's of no concern to me.

MusicBee 2.0

MP3. I haven't ever really noticed the difference between a .flac and a 320 bitrate .mp3, so I'm going to stick with .mp3 unless I have no choice. .flac just bloats out my music library. :(

MusicBee 2.0

Sennheiser HD201 headphones, got em last year, very nice cans.

3. I Use MusicBee, which is a lightweight and powerful music manager. Got it because I hated how bloated itunes was.

*puts Jigos in the 'approved, true, tried and tested' list*

Archived