Home

Edit/Second POst of "Favorite Type Of Music?" Due to not Enough Options

thejman217

Favorite Type of Music? (EDIT?Second Post?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Type of Music? (EDIT?Second Post?

• Alternative Rock
    • Blues/Swing/Ragtime
    • Classical
    • Country
    • Dance
    • Electronic/Techno/Progressive/Disco & all other genres related to this one....
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Jazz
    • Karaoke
    • Pop
    • R&B/Soul
    • Rock
    • Heavy Metal
    • 70s
    • 80s or 90s or both
    • Classic Rock
    • X-Mas (Christmas Music)
    • Christian Music (All types)
    • Reggae
    • Soft Rock

Kind of with Lynk on this one. Not voting in poll, 1. depends on how you define each. I've seen people have very different definitions of each of them. 2. It depends on my mood which type is my favorite at any given moment.

1. How big is your library?

24.25 GB 4641 songs

2. Is it ordered/neat or not?

Pretty good at the artwork, but I don’t divide it out by Genre. I use iTunes, so it does, but I don’t always agree with iTunes.

3. What program(s) do you use to manage your library?

iTunes. Too lazy to use anything else.

4 and 5 see above

6. What headphones/speakers do you use?

Bose, both my car and home have Bose speakers, have headphones for iPod/iPhone but unless I’m mowing the yard/running I don’t use headphones.

I love thousands of bands and artists, Cameo to Aerosmith, Daft Punk to Megadeth, Aretha Franklin to Dr. Dre. But I clicked all the votes that applied to me within that list, I don't feel I'm doing my musical snobbery a disservice by lowering myself to this Vote lol, its just a bit of fun :)

2,522 tracks. 10 days. 20.22 GB

Just have Playlists I'm currently listening to, I update and change continually

ITunes

4. What media format(s) do you use?

MP3.

5. What is your primary player?

Phone, or computer.

IPhone ear-buds.

Chose:

Rock

Heavy Metal

70s

80s or 90s or both

Classic rock

+1,400 tracks. 4 days. It is continuously updated.

Hell yes. I have it ordered from favorite to least...favorite, and then I have the songs arranged by album, in ABC order.

Spotify.

4. What media format(s) do you use?

MP3.

5. What is your primary player?

Phone, or computer.

Koss earbuds/headphones. For $30, they aren't half bad.

I know, but your options are still way too limited :p As I said before, the subject, I feel, is too big to be limited by a poll, hence why I don't want to vote on it.

Ok I understand. Im not forcing people to vote on this poll. Its all for fun to find out what the general community's favorite genre of music is.

Let's just say I am planning to invest an a NAS which will have a number of hard drives in a RAID10 array... there's just not enough room with what I have currently.

Do you have any particular HDD's in mind?

I do everything manually because I've found the various programs that have auto-taggers to be pretty damn inaccurate when it comes to certain music I have.

Same here. I used to use Gracenote for a while, and fai.music.metaservices before that, and found the results of both unsatisfactory. I used to think Gracenote was some 'official', uniform database endorsed/used by the music industry, but later found out that it's just user-sourced CDDB with a new name.

MusicBee 2.0

AIJD7.jpg

I meticulously pick out tags and album art, so yes, yes it is. >_> The folder structure itself is a bit messy but that's of no concern to me.

Have you considered using MB's 'file organizer' feature? Given, you don't mind about it, but using this feature takes very little effort. What's also great about it is the complete customizability of file/folder and naming structures.

Sennheiser HD201 headphones, got em last year, very nice cans.

Ah yes, I've used these extensively. They are indeed some nice headphones. I find they get rather uncomfortable for me after wearing them for a few hours, however.

For a RAID NAS, you wouldn't get anything too expensive, though you can if you want to :p But I'd at least have four drives dedicated to the array... don't know what size. The only 2tb hdd I ever got ended up failing on me and the collection of 1tb drives I've gotten over the years have been hit and miss.

We'll see what I do when I get to the stage of getting the parts to build the NAS... which will probably be at the end of the year some time...

Archived