Home

Did Lucasarts acknowledge their 30th anniversary?

spiralout

May marked the 30th year of Lucasarts. That's a pretty big milestone for a video game company. I remember the celebration they held in honor of their 20th anniversary in 2002 with a special website and a soundtrack compilation album. Did they do anything at all to commemorate the moment this year?

Strangely, no. You would have thought they would have at least mentioned it in passing in their 1313 announcement, but they didn't. Another president left the company, and they are currently searching for a new one, so I doubt anything will be said about their anniversary at all at this point.

It's is extremely unlikely for a company not to acknowledge and celebrate something like this. However, LucasArts it's an unusual company (it's part of a larger empire which owns two really big film IPs, and that is something rare for even the largest videogame companies). As I have once mentioned before, for LucasArts to acknowledge their past, they have to recognize their legacy games, and to do so, is to remind everyone how different the company currently is.

If Darrell Rodriguez had still been around, he would have probably taken the chance to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

Archived