Home

RIP Neil Armstrong

LDR

Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the Moon, and the commander of the Apollo 11 mission, died today at 82 in a hospital in Columbus, Ohio from complications after undergoing surgery Tuesday to relieve blocked coronary arteries.

Rest in Peace.

Actually, that was what he was supposed to say. He thought that he said exactly that, and then NASA thought that static had cut it out. But, after reviewing the tapes, both NASA and Armstrong determined that he must've left the "a" out.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

He'll be missed. But now he can walk among the stars forever.

To add a bit of humor to this (not his death, mind you; I'm not that sick):

When Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, as well as making his famous "One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind" statement, he followed it with several other remarks - usual communication traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Then, before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut; however, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years, many people had questioned Armstrong about what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but he always just smiled and didn’t reply.

On July 5, 1997, in Tampa Bay, Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. He finally responded.

It seems that Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Armstrong felt he could answer the question: "When I was a kid, I was playing baseball with my brother in the backyard. He had hit a fly ball which landed in front of my neighbors' bedroom window. The neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorsky. As I leaned down to pick up the ball, I heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex? Oral sex you want? You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

When Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, as well as making his famous "One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind" statement, he followed it with several other remarks - usual communication traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Then, before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut; however, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years, many people had questioned Armstrong about what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but he always just smiled and didn’t reply.

On July 5, 1997, in Tampa Bay, Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26 year old question to Armstrong. He finally responded.

It seems that Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Armstrong felt he could answer the question: "When I was a kid, I was playing baseball with my brother in the backyard. He had hit a fly ball which landed in front of my neighbors' bedroom window. The neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorsky. As I leaned down to pick up the ball, I heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex? Oral sex you want? You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

Um, wow. Thats one of the most funny and amazing things that I've ever read.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RIP Neil Armstrong!!!

Hate to be a killjoy...

Funny, nonetheless.

:rofl:

This deserves its own meme.

Archived