Home

Battlefront II Joystick Mapping Probs.

thejman217

Hi. Im relatively new to the threads, and i mostly hang out around the kotor section of the forums. I recently started playing SW BF II and i decided to use my ps3 sixaxis controller to play on it. The controller works fine on the game, but i have problems mapping. For example, when i am mapping, i want to map the "move forward/backward" and the "look left/right/up/down" axes in my controller settings. I was able to map everything else such as primary fire, relaod, crouch, etc., but i have no idea how to map those to options using the analogue sticks on my ps3 controller. I realize that this is a somewhat dead section of the forums, but i would appreciate it if someone helped me out regarding using my controller's analogue sticks to map the "move/forward/backward/left/right" and the "look up/down/left/right" options on the controls. Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT

(i am trying to map the analogue stick functions and I cant map the analogue sticks in case you had no clue what I just said.)

You should be able to map them, are you binding them to the axis or directly to the keys such as look right, look left, etc. If all else fails try joy2key.

3 things:

1) I think you misunderstood. When I select the option "move forward" and I push the left analogue stick up, nothing happens. Same with "look up/down/left/right". I click the option and it tells me to select the option on the ps3 you want it to be. (it doesn't actually say that or a ps3 controller but that's what it basically says) so then I push the left analogue stick up, nothing happens. Any other advice?

2) what do you mean when you say "are you binding them to the axis or directly to the keys such as......" ?

3) What is joy2key?

EDIT

thanks so much for replying to my post

Idiot me I also "cleverly" left out that I'm having trouble mapping the "look" and "move" functions in the control options on the PC VERSION, not the ps2 or Xbox versions.

I realize that this isnt an often visited section of the forums, but 77 views on this thread, and no other help besides "you should be able to map them"?

And what is joy2key?

Joy 2 Key is a program that will make it possible for you to map keyboard and mouse functions to any controller.

@jeffcorn thanks for replying. I'll play around with my motioninjoy (the program I am using to let my ps3 controller work)

And it's not that the controller doesn't work I just can't map the analog sticks? Can you tell me how to map the analog sticks for SW BF II?

Thanks.

Well, now in my mind, im an idiot. I am finally able to map the analog sticks. Thus I can play SW BF II again.

In my MotioninJoy menu, I had the option set to PS2 controller instead of PS3. *slaps forehead* So I changed it to PS3 and I'm able to map the analog sticks.

Thanks for all your help.

• 1 month later...

Archived