Home

Monkey Island Special Edition Collection - PROBLEM

grandones

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum, and I´ve been digging like crazy to try and find something about this problem (also here in the forum) and found nothing.

It's also a startup problem, but a little different than the ones i've seen around.

I bought the cd of the Monkey Island Special Edition Collection, which includes both the new Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge.

After the installation the game goes to a menu window, where I can choose to play The Secret or Monkey 2, listen to the game's musics or check the art concept of the games.

Listening to the background musics or watching the concept art works alright. The problem is, when I choose to play any of the 2 games the menu closes, the CD (which this game's version asks for if you want to start the game) stops rotating and that's it!! It simply doesn't start up! No crash reports, no blue/red agonazing window, nothing.

I tried the graphic .ini thing (this version aparently doesn't have this file, only the .pak ones), tried to disable the sound enhancement, tried loads of things, nothing worked.

The pc is really new, I bought it last week, and was dying to play this games....

The laptop configs are:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 7520

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.02A02

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8094MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Speakers: (Conexant SmartAudio HD)

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

Thanks folks.

I'm not a doctor but try this: Run in Compatability Mode

-Close the program if it is still running.

-Within Windows Explorer, go to the executable, right-click and choose Properties.

-On the Compatability tab, check the box for "Run this program in compatability mode for:

--Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

-Choose OK to close the Properties window.

-Try to run the game again and tell us what happens. If you don't come back, I'll assume you're lost in the jungle on Melee Island.

Yeah, I had this idea too. Tried it this morning, and it didn't work at all.

The same problem keeps happening, when I try to open the game from the menu, it closes, and nothing happens anymore.

The funny thing is, in the cover of the CD, it says that it's made for windows XP, Vista AND Windows 7.

They say that it needs an intel Pentium 4,3 GHz though, or an AMD Athlon 64 3000+.

My processor is only 2,3 Ghz, but its an i7 for christs sake, it can't be that...

• 1 year later...

Ive got exactly the same problem, im using Windows 8, I bought the cd of monkey island special edition collection and downloaded it problemfree however the game doesnt run..! I tried almost every possible thing to make it run such as downloading dinput8.dll file and putting it in the same executive folder as the installed game.. But it doesnt work either, can someone please help me with this?

Archived