Home

Tyler Hartman

Well... LucasForums didn't exist until 2001. Basically what LucasForums was when it started is a collection of different forums which were once separate forums for each site that owned by the LucasArts Fan Network.

I think the Jedi Knight forum was the first and there were quite a lot of other ones. It's the reason why we have different forum sections with their own community and off-topic areas and everyone ends up being a little spread out.

• 1 month later...

From what I recall, LucasForums started when JediKnight.net and Mixnmojo.com decided to integrate their forum systems to create a common community between the Star Wars and original LucasArts game communities.

At the time, I was the founder of Valley of the Jedi, which what a competitor of jk.net, but joined up with LucasForums to help out with LucasGames. That was to be a unified site for all things LucasArts, but ultimately didn't get the following that the individual sites did.

JediKnight.net started in 97/98, around the same time votj.com and mixnmojo.com got going. Man that was the early days of... just about everything internet related :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I was digging around the members area for the oldest member and it has members with really odd names for pages and pages. Did the creation of this website really start in 1969 or is that just a big goof?

LucasForums has been here for a long, long time. I was here during the Golden Age of LucasArts games: X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Knight / Mysteries of the Sith ... all of it. And I helped run these forums with a core group of friends that most of you probably don't know. I even wrote several articles for the site, and interacted with the development staff at LucasArts. It was such a fun time!

We've all mostly gone our separate ways, although I do still stay in touch with a few. But the memories I have of those times and this place will always be special.

A wild Vagabond appeared!

acdcfanbill, great to see you, dude!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't suppose you've heard of a game called Star Citizen, have you? If so, and you're interested in playing it, please let me know.

If you're not familiar with Star Citizen, the best way to describe the game is like a huge version of the game Privateer. In summary, you start off with a ship, and you run missions to earn money to upgrade your ship, buy additional ships, get equipment, hire NPCs, etc. Ships range from small one-man fighters up to large capital ships. And the cool thing is your friends can join you on the multi-crew ships and literally walk around inside your ships, man different stations / turrets, etc. There's also the ground component, that has first-person-shooter mechanics built into the game.

Mission types run from simple trading (buy low here, and sell high there), to bounty hunting, fighting piracy, or being a pirate, exploring, transporting VIPs, and many, many more. If they (CIG, the developer) can pull this off, it will be awesome.

The downside is that the game is still in development, but getting closer. But, you can join our organization, if you decide to purchase a starter ship (I think they're around $30).

Here's information about the game:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight

Here's information about the various ships so far:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

Here's information about the existing game packages:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

Although the game is not out yet, it's organization structure is in place, and there are are few of us from here that have banded together to join forces once the game does launch:

Wilhuf

Sherack Nhar

Kurgan (I'm still trying to convince him, and he might be able to get his brother to join too)

My 12-year-old son - he goes by "Dark Predator"

If interested, just create a Star Citizen account and private message me, and I'll invite you to our organization, Enigma Enterprises. Naturally, my username is Vagabond :cool:

I think it would be awesome to play this game with a bunch of cool people from back in the day, so we could take it, to the limit, one more time ... :cool:

Oh yea I've heard of it! My first space game was WC 1 and 2 on my older cousins PC. So I was there to back Star Citizen right away. Missed the pre-registeration golden ticket, but have a user number of around 33k so pretty darn early :)

I'm also quite a number of ships deep now into my own fleet since I've always got extra cash around and I don't mind kicking some in to CIG to see the game funded. I'm currently a member of LAMP and TEST but mostly because they were light on regulations, requirements, rules, and RP qualifications. I'd definitely think about playing with you guys if it's a nice sized smaller group and we have times that work for everyone.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/deathstrike This is my profile on their site as I often used some variation of deathstrike as my callsign in WC games.

I'm really excited to see the Gamescon demo CIG has put together, but unfortunately, I'm flying tomorrow and will probably have to see it later in the evening!

I also hang out in the StarCitizen subreddit most of the time: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

Same here, man - I hang out at both of those forums - mostly Star Citizen's though.

About the size of our organization, Enigma Enterprises, as Lando would so appropriately say, "Our operation is small enough not to be noticed... which is advantageous for everybody since our customers are anxious to avoid attracting attention to themselves." In other words,

I'll send you an invite :cool:

By the way, which ships do you have? I have a Super Hornet, and a Phoenix, both LTI. And that's all I'll probably get for now.

By the way, which ships do you have? I have a Super Hornet, and a Phoenix, both LTI. And that's all I'll probably get for now.

probably faster to list the ships I don't have :p

couple of aurorae, beta/delta/gamma mustangs, 300i/350r, m50, a regular connie and an aquila and phoenix upgrade, avenger, gladius, gladiator, herald, reliant, 890 jump, 3 cutlasses, caterpillar, carrack, reg/super hornet, regular and DUR freelancers, hulls a-d, khartu-al, orion, reclaimer, redeemer, retaliator, couple of starfarers, and an idris-p.

I have LTI on most everything.

That multi-crew demo they showed at gamescom was pretty amazing :)

probably faster to list the ships I don't have :p

couple of aurorae, beta/delta/gamma mustangs, 300i/350r, m50, a regular connie and an aquila and phoenix upgrade, avenger, gladius, gladiator, herald, reliant, 890 jump, 3 cutlasses, caterpillar, carrack, reg/super hornet, regular and DUR freelancers, hulls a-d, khartu-al, orion, reclaimer, redeemer, retaliator, couple of starfarers, and an idris-p.

I have LTI on most everything.

That multi-crew demo they showed at gamescom was pretty amazing :)

Woah, dude! You're a fleet unto yourself :cool:

What I'd like for our org to do is to save up enough to eventually get an Idris. Being able to dock some fighters while out exploring would be handy.

Did the creation of this website really start in 1969 or is that just a big goof?

According to legend, the forum was originally a front for the cabal that staged the moon landings. It is said that if you peer closely into the vBulletin code at night, somewhere amidst the outdated smileys and unused profile features, they still lurk, watching, directing world events in a shadow dance behind the scenes.

• 4 weeks later...

To confuse the gaming illuminati for freemasons is akin to confusing dimensional space traveling yeti for wookiees. Clearly events are being orchestrated by intelligent dolphins from the future.

;)

*(Buzz Aldrin walks in and punches Sabretooth in the nose, then stomps off shaking his fist and muttering.)*

Archived