Home

Local Shootings

LDR

At first myself and Cristian thought it was a gang war between the Reds and Crips.

Last night, a group of Mexicans hijacked cars and started shooting people. It started in Duryea, and it progressed through Avoca, Pittston, Exeter, and it ended somewhere around Moosic. Eventually, they started running through peoples' backyards and others were firing fireworks as distractions.

I live in that area. Specifically Pittston. I heard gunshots outside in the distance, and most definitely police sirens. I was listening to a police scanner while in an Xbox Live Party with a few of my RL friends - whom were also listening to police scanners, albeit at different channels.

Just another day in Pennsylvania.

Which part of Pennsylvania do you live? I live in the same state, and there's a few gangs in my area, but nothing too serious like that has ever happened (and considering it's the countryside, they're all wannabes anyway who get arrested the moment they break the law).

Which part of Pennsylvania do you live? I live in the same state, and there's a few gangs in my area, but nothing too serious like that has ever happened (and considering it's the countryside, they're all wannabes anyway who get arrested the moment they break the law).

I live in the Northeast. Specifically - the Valley Cities - of the Poconos.

I live in the Northeast. Specifically - the Valley Cities - of the Poconos.

Southeast for me; I'm close enough to Delaware that I can practically spit over the border. I didn't think crime was that bad in the Poconos region, or was this just a freak event?

Southeast for me; I'm close enough to Delaware that I can practically spit over the border. I didn't think crime was that bad in the Poconos region, or was this just a freak event?

Trust me, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre are among the scummiest cities in the state.

Glad to be Australian.

Hey, Oz isn't that much better, what with your gazillion gangs, own brand of rednecks, and deadly as hell wildlife...

:p

Regardless, the higher the concentration of people in a given area, the greater the level of chaos the area exhibits. That's why places like New Zealand and Denmark trump all'a y'all asses in this context. :xp:

Considering your accents, that's actually pretty bad..

:D

Bad, but it'd be considered a crime against humanity if it was a New Zealand accent.

Also, foreigners worry about the big and scary animals in this country, but living in this country... I never actually see any of them. Plus, there are plenty of dangerous things in other countries people live in... they've just gotten used to the fact that they're there.

One things for sure though, I'm glad I don't live in South America, when it comes to creepy bugs and stuff that can kill ya, that's really the continent to avoid. Funnel webs stay where they are in their nest and do whatever the hell it is spiders do. A lot of the spiders in South America get out and about and go looking for you... and they will come and find you eventually.

....and that is why despite there being people who commit violent acts being everywhere and how Shem was saying that not everywhere is like that in the US, I still feel a hell of a lot safer in a bad part of Australia than I would if I lived anywhere in the US. The entire cultural norm in the US is extremely different when it comes to people and the ownership and use of guns, etc, etc, yada, yada.... whatever.

So in short, I'm glad I live in Australia.

Archived