Home

SWKOTOR II Difficulty?

Sith'ari

So I've been playing SWKOTOR II for about 30+h (total game time [current playthrough]), and I'm finding it pretty easy to defeat the enemies. I know that in SWKOTOR 1, the the difficulty levels change the damage dealt and taken, however in SWKOTOR II it seems that it only adjusts the damage taken.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Even on Atris with Brianna I'm hitting 100s and her health goes down like mad. But she does hit high on me though.

It's not just that though, my force storm hits 100s (with Force Potency force form) so I can just ravage my way through hordes of enemies.

Example:

Show spoiler
On the Mercenaries on Dantooine when the begin to invade Khoonda, all I need to do is statis them, then use Force Storm one or two times and they all go down. Azkul went down incredibly fast also.

So my question is: Is there something wrong? Should KOTOR II be scaling down damage dealt aswell like KOTOR 1? Or am I just too strong? Bearing in mind my Wisdom is about 40 (100% legitimate) and the Handmaiden's strength is ~33 (again 100% legitimate).

I do have TSLRCM 1.8.1 installed so whether that's interferring somehow with the difficulty I don't know. I doubt it though.

Anyone know what's going on?

It buffs enemies' hit points and saves, and gives them resistance to stun/stasis/fear on the harder settings. It can also be set to give all enemies the boss AI (which I use), extra attacks (which I don't use; too hard!), etc.

EDIT: You'll need this file to go with it.

Hmm, does it enhance the AI behaviour to use more medpacks and perhaps stimulants etc? And perhaps Force sensitive AI to use superior force powers like Master Speed and Force Armour etc?

EDIT: One funny thing aswell is that:

Show spoiler
When I came to fight Sion at Trayus Academy, I was able to use Mind Trick and make him fight for me LOL! There were no enemies around for him to attack but still. My insane Wisdom of approx. 41 powned him lol.

Not that I've noticed, no. As much as it buffs them, it really doesn't need to. Giving every enemy the boss AI makes minions use grenades and stuff, though, which is immediately noticeable from Peragus onwards. It's about as close to what you're describing as you can get without a major AI hack. It doesn't come like that with any of the scripts that are already compiled so you'll need to know how to compile scripts to enable it.

Ok thanks :)

I know that if I get this mod I'll get powned when I'm not my character. This is because I pown enemies with my character, but when I switch to another e.g:

Show spoiler
Atton, on Nar Shaddaa with the Twi'lek Sisters, I had to run round using Mandalorian Melee shields all the time, and I even deployed mines lol! But I know what I would straight away pown them on my character, just after a statis a few Force Storms :p

Archived