Home

[K1] Revan's Canonical Jedi Lightsaber (TOR Spoilers)

JediRevan001

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finding Revan's genuine Saber on Rakata Prime would make sense if one of the elders or the One give you the saber and a multitude of it's crystals to go with it. Returning a gift or something.

This would assume that canonically Revan gave his original lightsaber to either party, which he didn't by any known source. Revan kept his original hilt (link) well after his original visit to Lehon (Rakata Prime), and presumably kept it with him right up until the moment Malak fired upon his ship and incapacitated him. Wookieepedia suggests Revan crafted the hilt mentioned above after he was restored to the force by the Enclave on Dantooine, making that a far more meaningful location for the thing to appear. Additionally, adding attack bonuses and a restriction to the Force Sensitive feat would mean that only the player character can use it, and is more proficient with it than with other lightsabers.

what? :) assuming?

SimonKTemplar

still, there should be a way, do you have some suggestions?

Better then to just make the crystals that would fit the same hilt, possibly cyan/orange... get the cyan one from the elders (light side) and the orange one from the black tribe. I might do this myself eventually. One thing at a time please :)

Additionally, adding attack bonuses and a restriction to the Force Sensitive feat would mean that only the player character can use it, and is more proficient with it than with other lightsabers.

Not exactly. While gaining any of the Jedi Classes does give the Force Sensitive feat, the other Jedi members also have it as well(which means that any of the Jedi in the party can use it). Without it, the game does NOT allow using force powers. Though it never really happens for the characters in K1(as no other then the player gets an additional class), it does for some of the party in TSL. Along side getting the Jedi class, the character still cannot use force powers, until they gain one more level, which gives the Force Sensitive feat.

The only problem, is that the player does not really gain any specific feats, unlike some of the Party. If one wanted a Saber for Bastila, or Juhani, then the saber could require either Battle Meditation, or Force Camouflage, respectively. Also, since the game doesn't have the PC Restriction Property like TSL does, it cannot be restricted by character alone.

That aside, I like these models. Are you planning to do a custom model for each character, or just a certain few?

You have a good point on the Force Sensitivity bit, Rtas. I did not notice that before (and I do find it a bit frustrating, since I was really hoping I could restrict it to the player character only).

I was hoping to make unique hilts for every major Jedi/Sith character since I believe that the hilt is a reflection on the Jedi's personal craftsmanship and design (not to mention ergonomics, etc.) but it turns out that there isn't a lot of data regarding the personal lightsabers of several characters, notably Jolee, Juhani and Darth Bandon. I did see that there were unique lightsabers in SWTOR that apparently belonged to Jolee and Bandon respectively, however I do not know if the hilts they use are unique as well, or are simply one of several standard hilt styles, and that you can find other lightsabers with said hilts. As for Juhani, sadly, there is absolutely no data on any canonical hilt whatsoever. There are several pictures of Juhani and they all show her with a different lightsaber, so there's no established canon on that right now.

I only played the trial version of SWTOR and the game isn't f2p yet, so I won't know for sure whether the hilts aforementioned are unique or generic until i get the full thing.

You have a good point on the Force Sensitivity bit, Rtas. I did not notice that before (and I do find it a bit frustrating, since I was really hoping I could restrict it to the player character only).

I was hoping to make unique hilts for every major Jedi/Sith character since I believe that the hilt is a reflection on the Jedi's personal craftsmanship and design (not to mention ergonomics, etc.) but it turns out that there isn't a lot of data regarding the personal lightsabers of several characters, notably Jolee, Juhani and Darth Bandon. I did see that there were unique lightsabers in SWTOR that apparently belonged to Jolee and Bandon respectively, however I do not know if the hilts they use are unique as well, or are simply one of several standard hilt styles, and that you can find other lightsabers with said hilts. As for Juhani, sadly, there is absolutely no data on any canonical hilt whatsoever. There are several pictures of Juhani and they all show her with a different lightsaber, so there's no established canon on that right now.

I only played the trial version of SWTOR and the game isn't f2p yet, so I won't know for sure whether the hilts aforementioned are unique or generic until i get the full thing.

I can tell you with a pretty high level of confidence that - no, lightsabers in TOR are not unique. Meaning - the same hilt model might have ten different names, blade colors, lvl/stats ..etc etc.

4 or 5 months back I remember seeing this particular Revan hilt we're talking about as "Valorous Knight's Lightsaber" with an orange blade which is why I named my version as such. And I think it's in the Knights class video on TOR's website.

I can tell you with a pretty high level of confidence that - no, lightsabers in TOR are not unique. Meaning - the same hilt model might have ten different names, blade colors, lvl/stats ..etc etc.

4 or 5 months back I remember seeing this particular Revan hilt we're talking about as "Valorous Knight's Lightsaber" with an orange blade which is why I named my version as such. And I think it's in the Knights class video on TOR's website.

I figured as much; still - this particular hilt was labeled as Revan's by canon sources so even that counts as something. Now to a lot of you here that might not mean much, but another good idea would be to take some of the generic hilts from TOR that have been otherwise labeled as belonging to someone specific, and change them only slightly so that they're more unique.

You'll know what I mean when I make Bandon's hilt in a few days, now that I've been armed with the information you've provided me with and this 'brilliant idea' :)

I figured as much; still - this particular hilt was labeled as Revan's by canon sources so even that counts as something. Now to a lot of you here that might not mean much, but another good idea would be to take some of the generic hilts from TOR that have been otherwise labeled as belonging to someone specific, and change them only slightly so that they're more unique.

You'll know what I mean when I make Bandon's hilt in a few days, now that I've been armed with the information you've provided me with and this 'brilliant idea' :)

By any chance is that canon source called 'Wookiepedia"?

But yeah, that's cool, man. You could just pick a random hilt that looks cool - model it, label it "Bandon's lightsaber" and call it "canon". Then, just maybe it'll become canon eh? :D

By any chance is that canon source called 'Wookiepedia"?

But yeah, that's cool, man. You could just pick a random hilt that looks cool - model it, label it "Bandon's lightsaber" and call it "canon". Then, just maybe it'll become canon eh? :D

Wookieepedia isn't the source, it's a reference TO the source. :) And there are several images, if i recall correctly that point to Revan using a hilt just like the one i made. Aside from that, I found a screenshot of the actual item (Bandon's saber), which does use a generic double-bladed hilt (boo to bioware, being so generic since Neverwinter Nights). I took that hilt, made it a bit more unique (to separate it from the generic batch), and gave it a name. Might not be officially canon...

...but here is a way to actually MAKE it canon:

Step one - write a graphic novel. Graphic novels are best because you can actually see the damn thing.

Step two - go to Dark Horse comics and ask for copyright permissions from George Lucas.

Step three - pay a hefty sum for those rights, get the review of a critic, and with some luck, get your novel published.

Step four - Your material is now canon. Until of course, George Lucas himself decides to make material where your canon is trumped/overriden. In which case, you're screwed. (Clone Wars tv series is a perfect example of this happening)

This at least, is how I seem to see it. And how I got the impression a lot of silly stuff in the expanded universe got called canon. Paul S. Kemp and time travel in Star Wars? No problem! As long as you have the money. :)

But back to topic, if Revan is indeed seen wielding that hilt in TOR, then I'll assume that's the same saber he used since his retraining on Dantooine, which, as I've mentioned, is mentioned on WP and backed by sources. It's kinda like science really. Until someone comes up with something unique and the guys in charge of canonical content proclaimed that is canon, then this lightsaber hilt will remain Revan's hilt. At least in my eyes, since i prefer there being ONE established canon, and not fifty established canons like in the DC universe, where the same characters are depicted in 50 different variations by 50 different artists, and every single one of them is called canon.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for this for freaking ever. I have a version of it, a zip saved to my computer, but for some reason it just isnt working on my computer properly. So if there are any people that are better at modding than myself, who are still willing to work on it I have the files, so I believe most of the hard work is done. All you would have to do get them working on KoToR and hopefully reshare with me.

You might want to consider uploading it as well. Not as your own work of course.... but so that other's can have access to it.

Well, if he does, he'd better not do it on Deadlystream. QDJ expressly had all of his mods pulled from there, so I don't think it'd be a good idea to try re-uploading his work there...

Why not just put it on Kotor Filefront?

Because he's not the author of the mod, they wouldn't take the author there or at Nexus. Since QDJ's patience with creative things is wearing pretty thin these days, why not PM SimonKTemplar to ask him to release his version to the world?

Archived