Home

Skips Cutscenes in KOTOR II

AdmiralMotti89

Hi all, I have a problem where the cutscenes are totally skipped. For example, I travel to another system and it's hard to tell that anything has happened. Likewise, when I click on a movie from the main menu, nothing happens.

I have the bundle pack for Windows 7. Unfortunately, the launcher is not the same as the old one so I cannot see through that what my specs are (there is also an issue where the .ini file is in the program files but not accessible when I look on the disc. Disable movies is set to 0 in the one in program files x86.)

The cutscene skipping occurs both before and after I got the RCM.

I'm sorry I can't provide all the useful information but I know that my computer is an ASUS U57A Laptop, practically brand new, with an I5 processor and 6 GB RAM, and the graphics card has the number 3000 in it I believe (pathetic that that's all I can find out, I know. :D)

Anyways, especially with the RCM I feel that without the cutscenes I will be missing a lot of the story. Any help would be appreciated.

1) With a computer that new, I assume you have Windows 7. Did you install the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread?

2) Do you have the "high-quality" (LOL) movie patch installed?

3) Check your graphics drivers control panel and see if 640x480 is among the supported resolutions (it should be).

4) Mess around with the different scaling options in said control panel and see if that's the problem.

Archived