Home

Change npc's

duster

You mean change npcs like turn stormtroopers into reborn? Or add npcs to all ready finished maps? Like download a multiplayer map and then add npcs to that?

I only know how to do the first thing A into B.

Changing npcs are a matter of changing the model.I need on the trip mission.The one with the swoops.I want to change the human merc into another npc.

Open up their .npc file and change the model name and sound. If you are doing A into B. Then I'd just open up both .npc files and copy and paste the parts I wanted.

I did this in order to make the Dark Jedi npcs harder and with different saber colors.

Um...i don't think you understanded me correctly.It's easy to change npc's.But this will affect all SP missions where the human merc is spawned.I need the change to take only in the trip mission.I'm not sure that there is a tool.What about a guide?Thanks anyway.

It's not that hard, once you get used to it. Any questions I'll do my best to help you out.

Thanks.I already can't do it.I tryed the faster way(open the bsp file with wordpad) and replace the npc types with a one that i changed)and the way that in the tutorial is said.I tryed hard but i can't get it working at all with the tut and when i try it the easy way i get a error:

------ Server Initialization ------
JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003
Server: t2_trip
Z_Malloc(): Failed to alloc -467500488 bytes (TAG_BSP) !!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Zone Tag     Bytes
           --------     -----
          HUNKALLOC   1623548 ( 1.54MB) in     13 blocks (   124888 Bytes/block)
            FILESYS   1976699 ( 1.88MB) in    332 blocks (     5953 Bytes/block)
            G_ALLOC     13600 ( 0.01MB) in    264 blocks (       51 Bytes/block)
            CLIENTS    237688 ( 0.22MB) in      2 blocks (   118844 Bytes/block)
              SMALL     15274 ( 0.01MB) in     90 blocks (      169 Bytes/block)
            IMAGE_T      2112 ( 0.00MB) in     24 blocks (       88 Bytes/block)
        SND_RAWDATA      4096 ( 0.00MB) in      1 blocks (     4096 Bytes/block)
             GHOUL2    151296 ( 0.14MB) in      9 blocks (    16810 Bytes/block)
                BSP     33176 ( 0.03MB) in      2 blocks (    16588 Bytes/block)
      BSP_DISKIMAGE  14205078 (13.54MB) in      1 blocks ( 14205078 Bytes/block)
      ANIMATION_CFG     54871 ( 0.05MB) in      3 blocks (    18290 Bytes/block)
         SHADERTEXT   1621852 ( 1.54MB) in      1 blocks (  1621852 Bytes/block)
             NEWDEL     32784 ( 0.03MB) in      1 blocks (    32784 Bytes/block)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The zone is using 19972074 bytes (19.05MB) in 743 memory blocks
The zone peaked at 64003929 bytes (61.04MB)
----- CL_Shutdown -----
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window
...resetting display
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
(Repeat): Z_Malloc(): Failed to alloc -467500488 bytes (TAG_BSP) !!!!!

Thanks.

You don't actually edit the BSP. That's the problem.

-Open the BSP in notepad

-click edit

-then click on find

-type in music

-this will get you to the area you need to copy.

-copy that entire area and save it as the (name of the map).ENT

-open the entity file you created and edit the npc's

-then run the ENT file you created with the Entity Compiler

-which will create a new bsp of your map with the changes you've made.

If this confuses you then let me know what NPC you want in place and I'll do it for you.

You don't actually edit the BSP. That's the problem.

-Open the BSP in notepad

-click edit

-then click on find

-type in music

-this will get you to the area you need to copy.

-copy that entire area and save it as the (name of the map).ENT

-open the entity file you created and edit the npc's

-then run the ENT file you created with the Entity Compiler

-which will create a new bsp of your map with the changes you've made.

If this confuses you then let me know what NPC you want in place and I'll do it for you.

I totaly understand it and i did it exactly the way you said and this time absolutly no entityes were compiled.I did noticed a error that shows:

http://i50.tinypic.com/n9743.jpg but don't know what it means.:D

Archived