Home

unaltered 2DA for use in TSL patcher

I'm trying to figure out how to use TSLPatcher to install the Mekel Recruitment Mod, but looking at the steps in the readme just confuses me because the mod is already done and I'm not sure if I can just skip the adding of an unaltered 2DA and append.tlk because there is already an appearance 2DA and completed dialog files. Should I go right to the changedit step or what?

(there are several other mods I want to use that I have the same questions for, so this is really a big issue for me.)

So you're setting up a TSL patcher to install your mod using ChangeEdit, correct?

You wouldn't need to replace anything. Basically, extract the unaltered .2da from KotOR Tool to a place of your choosing. Once that's done, (I assume your using the compare two .2da's function of change edit) select the compare function and then when it asks for the Original, unaltered .2da choose the one you extracted from KotOR Tool. When it asks for the new, modified .2da choose the one from the mod.

If all else fails I should be able to set up a TSL patcher install for you. What mod is it?

So you're setting up a TSL patcher to install your mod using ChangeEdit, correct?

You wouldn't need to replace anything. Basically, extract the unaltered .2da from KotOR Tool to a place of your choosing. Once that's done, (I assume your using the compare two .2da's function of change edit) select the compare function and then when it asks for the Original, unaltered .2da choose the one you extracted from KotOR Tool. When it asks for the new, modified .2da choose the one from the mod.

If all else fails I should be able to set up a TSL patcher install for you. What mod is it?

there's actually quite a few i'm trying to do this to, but at the moment i'm most interested in the Recruit Mekel mod.

I'll try what you've suggested first though. THANKS!!!

Alright, let me know how it turns out. :)

I think I screwed up somewhere...bits and pieces of dialogue aren't working properly. The TSLPatcher is confusing.

EDIT: oh boy, do I feel stupid. just double checked my override and found the Recruit Mekel mod already in it....(is very embarrassed):hor:

I'm going to try using the TSLpatcher with the Recruit RedHawke mod now. (I KNOW that one isnt in there.)

Archived