Home

Has telltale Games gone Lucas Arts

jermy721

Do you guys think telltale has become lucas arts in that they no longer create games for their fans and create games for money?

What do you mean with "creating games for the fans"? I don't know a single videogame company who doesn't create games for money.

I think Telltale is still intent on making good games. They stumbled on the Universal games, but they examined the criticism and honed the experience for the better in The Walking Dead. They also are still taking fan and critic constructive criticism from episode to episode in the same series to heart. People were asking for less contained environments and more exploring in The Walking Dead, and Telltale delivered that in episode 3. They also really seem intent on making the best experience possible, and extended the deadline for each of the Walking Dead games even at the expense of backlash from fans. LucasArts would never do that. They're notorious at rushing buggy, unfinished games in order to make deadlines to coincide with movie-tie-ins or to make the Christmas season.

• 2 weeks later...

I've hoped since the start of Telltale that they would make an original IP game instead of always relying on others creations.

So far we have not really seen the original material, but thanks to financial success of excellent game series like The Walking Dead, maybe that day is getting closer and closer. At least I hope so.

Archived