Home

Over the Shoulder/More Personal Camera

Giant Graffiti

I realize that Holowan isn't very active anymore, but hopefully somebody will see this.

Could someone alter the camera so that it's angled over the player's shoulder? I tried fiddling around with camerastyle.2da, in an attempt to give the game a more modern look, but I couldn't really get it to look the way that I wanted it to.

Ideally, I want it to look like Resident Evil 4 or Deadly Premonition, including having the PC off to one side. Examples:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
12390.jpg

residentevil42004081802.jpg

By the way, I'd prefer to have this for both games, but I have K1 installed now. :)

e: This is what I have now, but I want the PC's body (from slightly higher than waist up) to really fill up the screen. With Zaalbar, it seems more like what I imagined, but I can't figure out how to get it to go off to one side. One of the problems, though, is that the camera strays away from the player if you run. Is there any way to prevent that?

e2: I think that moving the camera to one side can be accomplished by moving the camerahook in the models for each type of clothing, body type, etc. Unfortunately, it would be pretty time-consuming.

The issue with the camera and running doesn't look too hopeful, either.

You might try one of these two mods:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Nutters_Camera_Pack;67767

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Camera_Angle_Options;86811

Might be closer to what you're looking for.

ETA: Is this more what you're looking for?

distance1.jpg

(Ignore the GUI; that's off because of the widescreen fix I have installed.)

I was actually started fooling around with the camerastyle.2da from both your mod and Nutter's in order to achieve what I wanted, but I couldn't quite get it.

That screenshot is pretty close, InSidious, but not quite what I'm looking for. :) Is it possible to move it closer to the PC, and have him take up more space on the screen? By the way, I found a screenshot similar to what I want, which is coincidentally from one of your mods, but it looks like it's a camera angle from a dialog tree instead of from gameplay. Here's the link, the one I'm talking about is one the left. (You might have to refresh the page, because KotORFiles has been wonky after Filefront switched hands.)

I was actually started fooling around with the camerastyle.2da from both your mod and Nutter's in order to achieve what I wanted, but I couldn't quite get it.

That screenshot is pretty close, InSidious, but not quite what I'm looking for. :) Is it possible to move it closer to the PC, and have him take up more space on the screen? By the way, I found a screenshot similar to what I want, which is coincidentally from one of your mods, but it looks like it's a camera angle from a dialog tree instead of from gameplay. Here's the link, the one I'm talking about is one the left. (You might have to refresh the page, because KotORFiles has been wonky after Filefront switched hands.)

Interestingly enough, I experimented with the camerastyles.2da myslef, only trying to get more of an inside-your-head aspect, as if you were looking out of the PC's eyes, but it lost track when running, and if I turned the camera, I'd run into the PC's nose. I tried editing the height of the camera, but models have limits. :(

Archived