Home

JKA High Resolution Packs

Kurgan

Every so often I dust off a game I haven't played in awhile and I begin to wonder if there are any good mods out there for it. In recent years it's become possible to release "hi res" packs for 3d games, some official, others unofficial. They're not to everyone's taste, but I like to see them, so I found these and thought I'd like them in case anyone was interested.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-jedi-academy-texture-overhaul/downloads

Combined with widescreen resolution, you can get a whole new viewpoint on the game, ideally. Then hop onto my server via the number in my sig (*shameless plug*) and enjoy!

MTFBWY

Tested these out last night and they looked pretty good... until you got up closer. Basically when you're running around and in third person mode, it looks super detailed, but if you walk up close to a texture say, on a wall you'll notice very obvious "sharpening artifacts" like when you played with photoshop's "sharpening tool" and used it too much. So that I think needs to be improved. Otherwise it's great overall.

I also noticed a glitch with the Jan Ors skin... several textures are missing from the model, so when playing Siege, for example, you'll see a character that has a shimmery black and white costume on, which looks goofy. So if anybody knows the author (Mr.Zz at moddb), that is some feedback for him. The last release was about 3 months ago, I think.

Archived