Home

restrictions on f2p?

mattig89ch

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so...do we know if I'll be able to continue the story on both sides? If I'll still be able to do heroics, or the other form of dungeons (been so long I've forgotten the name)?

You'll be able to do practically everything except Operations and other endgame stuff and with the rest you can still do it but have a limited number of times per week you can play them.

Check this: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

and this: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

Everyone should join The Harbinger :carms: and if BioWare lets people transfer their toons between servers finally (without being forced), you should all move yours to The Harbinger :carms:

I am transferring away from The Harbinger, the server just isn't big enough for both me and Lynk. :xp:

Joking, yeah transfer there. We are having a blast killing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

The two extra quickbars won't be a big deal for f2p folks mostly because for all this time subscribers have only had 4 quickbars since launch and we've survived with only 4 all this time. A few of us do need the extra slots but for the 99% of people who play the game, it won't really make any difference.

I know I've filled out all of my slots, but that's all due to the fact that I run ops fairly regularly.

Interesting, so F2P get access to OPS as well, just have to buy them. Kinda weird about the unlocking of toolbars. I see no reason for that. And smugglers are REALLY going to be hurting there.

The toolbars are what I'm most excited about. On my sawbones right now I don't even have quick travel or my stim on it. Not necessary by any means, but it will be convenient to have qt, repair droid and companion dance :xp:where I don't have to open the menu to use them.

urp, looks like I got things wrong, on pts now and they've tuned it so that everyone on there is treated as f2p players... ONE quickbar... that means you can only have 12 abilities on there unless you buy more using cartel coins. Wow... just wow. I'd understand 2 but ONE?

Dang that stinks, what's the exact date this stuff is supposed to go into to affect?

urp, looks like I got things wrong, on pts now and they've tuned it so that everyone on there is treated as f2p players... ONE quickbar... that means you can only have 12 abilities on there unless you buy more using cartel coins. Wow... just wow. I'd understand 2 but ONE?

That sounds ****ing stupid. Here's to hoping they'll change it.

The reasoning going around the PTS boards on the official forum is that the idea seems to be that they want F2P folks to purchase Cartel Coins to buy more accounts for their character/account as they need them.

Basically they think that people will start to play swtor and then suddenly get hooked and bam, they're paying subscribers.

what about those of us who are already had a sub? you think we'll still have our toolbars?

Unlocks an additional Quick Bar for abilities

Can be used to acquire a total of 6 Quick Bars.

Subscribers automatically have the maximum number of Quick Bars

Yes, plus 2 more.

You can move them anywhere or reconfigure them to 3x3 squares. I have my healing one right in the middle of the screen so I can only see my toons head. I use a different UI during dailies and regular play, but for group play when stuff gets deep, I pulling out a group UI. You can also shrink the one you don't use or vanity ones. I plan on one with just speeders and travel options on it and it will be the 3x3 setup and as small as possible.

Yes, plus 2 more.

I think he meant, those of us that USED TO BE a subscriber, and had 4 all set up and stuff. It'll be interesting to see what happens to my smuggler and if I can even handle 1&1/2(in/out of cover) toolbars. I know I wouldn't be able to heal with only 1 bar. Good heavens... I could get by with 2 or 3, but 1.... ugh...

Archived