Home

Opinions on the Vice Presidential Debate?

thejman217

Did anyone watch the vice-presidential debate between Congressman Paul Ryan and Vice-President Joe Biden?

1. What did you think?

2. Who put more emphasis on their argument?

3. Who conveyed and supported their ideas the best and most clearly?

4. What is your opinion of the two?

5. What's your verdict?

6. Who won?

7. What was your opinion of the debate as a whole?

I, first and foremost, believe it was a draw.

Both Biden and Ryan were both fairly honest of their good intentions to improve the economy and America as a whole.

I believe Biden put more emphasis on his argument than Ryan, mostly because of how loud he was yelling.

Regarding their arguments, to the average viewer, their arguments were extremely boring and a bunch of meaningless "mumbo-jumbo." However, to those that actually payed attention, they would see that Paul Ryan was pretty straightforward. Straightforward with his lies. It's always nice to see a true patriot like Biden to defend his argument, but he yelled just a tad bit. He was also very unspecific.

Biden put more emphasis on his argument, and Ryan detailed and supported his argument more. I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat, but I think that in the end emphasis wins out on details.

My verdict was that this debate might have been a "little" spirited. Wait, that's an understatement. It was very tense. But then again, who doesn't enjoy an exciting, tense, and spirited debate every once in a while? I loved this debate because when they spoke, you never knew what they were going to say next. Both Biden and Ryan had a counter statement for each other for every argument they made.

My opinion of the two is that Ryan is a very honest person, and Biden is more down to Earth. Maybe because he suffered horrible experiences with death in his family. They both seem to to what they think is best for America and to improve it.

So what was your opinion of this spirited debate if you liked it or not? Answer the first few questions up at the top if you want. Also feel free to disagree with me :).

1. What did you think?

Saw about 1/2 of it. Left early on b/c it was obvious Joe coudn't/wouldn't control himself, but watched the last 1/2 hour or so as well.

2. Who put more emphasis on their argument?

I'd say Joe was more emphatic through histrionics, but Paul was seemed quite forceful in a more controlled and relaxed way.

3. Who conveyed and supported their ideas the best and most clearly?

You mean when raddatz was stepping all over them?

4. What is your opinion of the two?

I think that Ryan is the more levelheaded of the two. Joe is quite the bombast.

5. What's your verdict?

It was likely something of draw. If you watched it on tv, Joe probably lost b/c of his lack of self-control. On the radio, though, he may have come across better. I suppose he can ask Hilary to commune with the ghost of "tricky Dick" (Nixon) so as to commiserate w/him about the perils of coming off badly on live tv. :D

6. Who won?

See #5

7. What was your opinion of the debate as a whole?

I think that it might have one better had Leher done it. The moderator should basially put out the questions and then sit back and let the candidates answer as well as engage each other.

Just curious, but

..Paul Ryan was pretty straightforward. Straightforward with his lies.
and
My opinion.....is that Ryan is a very honest person
don't really seem to go together. ;)

Archived