Home

Anyone mapped 360 controller for PC?

Obi-Wan Bologna

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't done it myself but a friend of mine actually uses a 360 controller (afterglow iirc) to play his ISOs anr ROMS on his playstation1 emulator.

I have used PC gamepads. If you plug in a USB device and your machine recognizes it, it's probably fine to use but it may require a bit of custom configuration, trial and error. Plus what's more is it may not always be 100% of what it was on a console. There may be some definite differences and changes to control schemes.

I've tried it for GTA games on gamepads but because the control configuration is somewhat different in the software itself w.r.t. controlling the walking direction versus strafing and backing up. On console whatever direction you press would face your character that way and be moving forward--not so much for PC versions. So I could only assign and retain so much in terms of features.

So...

Possible?: yes. Reducing hassle?:not necessarily.

Good luck.

I will definitely give it a try sometime, just wondering if anyone had succesfully done it.

Oh it's been successfully done. just...not by myself. I'm sure if you could assign the function keys to the various buttons used in the KOTOR games, you might have a 1:1 control, or at least semi-alike, with extras you don't use much still assigned and used on your keyboard. Don't know how it'll fare with joystick for mouse. That's another reason you'll have to fidget with it, you may need to do a lot of fine tuning and adjustment to get it just the way you like.

But I will report back once I give it a try. It will probably be a while as it's not a huge priority. lol

inorite?

I'm always doing a bazillion things at once. Currently I've moved back to electronic hardware from software pursuits for the time being. But you never know when I shift gears again. :D

• 2 months later...

I have always wondered this myself. I first played KOTOR and TSL on the original Xbox. I'm okay with Mouse & Keyboard, but not as quick as I was before I got the PC versions. With that joy2key thing, is it just for wired/pc versions of the PS3 controller?

• 7 months later...
I have always wondered this myself. I first played KOTOR and TSL on the original Xbox. I'm okay with Mouse & Keyboard, but not as quick as I was before I got the PC versions. With that joy2key thing, is it just for wired/pc versions of the PS3 controller?

Use Xpadder. Free, can set a joystick to operate like the mouse, and you set it up an way you want.

...And I can send some files so you can test it out for ourself with my profile and edit it accordingly.

http://www.xpadder.com/

• 1 month later...
Use Xpadder. Free, can set a joystick to operate like the mouse, and you set it up an way you want.

...And I can send some files so you can test it out for ourself with my profile and edit it accordingly.

http://www.xpadder.com/

I'd like to give it a try, do you have it set up for Kotor, Kotor 2, and possibly Battlefront 2? These are the games I'd like to have Xbox support on.

Archived