Home

Freezes..a lot of them now

CrisG

I just returned and am finding a lot of freezes and ups and downs of fps...i have an older system but reading the official support forum i see many have problems like this and say it is not our systems but the game engine.

i have an xp sp 3 set up with 40 GB free, 3 GB of RAM, and an 9500 FX vid card, system is 2.6 Ghz...which is low, but even on the lowest settings i still get freezes.

is there any work around for this yet? i understand it stared with the 1.4 patch...

Have you tried the repair function of the launcher? When you start the launcher, log in and then instead of selecting Play, select the cogs icon on the far left and then on the menu that pops up choose Repair and wait for it to do its thing.

Otherwise it's probably a quirk that's been introduced which BioWare will try to fix in a patch in the near future.

Hi Lynk i will try it again, i did the repair last night and it did repair two files...that helped me actually get on line as the launcher was bugged.

I see quite a few posts identical to mine over on the official forums...so hopefully there can be a fix. It is puzzling as i am using the same settings as before and it was playable then . thanks for the reply :)

here is what Bioware suggested on the ofifical support forum for me:

Greetings CrisG,

Please check the following:

Please run all hardware at stock speeds i.e. no overclocking.

Run the game in full screen windowed mode.

Run the game in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode. If this does not improve the situation, please revert to normal mode.

Update Directx by following the link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Please run the System file Checker from Microsoft as this can find problems with your system files and repair them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Run Memory Diagnostics: Please see the following post for more information on running Memtest86+: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=1#post3954859

Run the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot for Windows 7 and Vista or Windows XP.

Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.

You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.

Please also ensure that your computer meets the minimum specifications required to run the game.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

got it fixed..it looks like changing my Nvida driver made a big differnce. so far, i can play on high now, and with normal play movment and working. thanks for the help on other forums from all who helped. Just wanted to update this thread.

the driver i found to use was made in June this year and is 301.42 version.

Archived