Marius Fett

Greetings, one and all!

Here be my latest offering of mods!

=============================================

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC MODIFICATION

=============================================

AUTHOR: Marius Fett

NAME: Lightsaber Blade Replacement Pack

DESCRIPTION: This mod replaces all of the lightsaber blades in the game with my own new textures which are more similar to those in the Prequel Trilogy. I have also animated the blade textures so that they flicker, similar to how they do in the movies as well.

CREDITS: Shem, who's prequel style blades I studied and based my own on.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Copy all of the .tga and .txi files into your Override folder.

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Here be some screenshots:

lbrp_1_zps67c93a2b.jpg

lbrp_2_zpsab63c596.jpg

lbrp_3_zps95326efe.jpg

This mod is for both games, hence the town download links:

KotOR Version.

TSL Version.

the good ol' Marius Fett's back with 6 (did I read right? 6???) simultaneous threads?? :lol:

pure awesomeness! :freakout:

now, u do know not anyone has 21st century rigs?? ;) haha ... 2 mb textures??

my Kotor w_lsabrecblt01 tga is barely 221 kb (and that's the bigger in KotOR) and for my TSL, "my" w_lsabregren01 tga weighs 65 kb and that's the heavier.

so what? is the animated flickering "effect" related to this size increase or just a texture quality improvement? :raise:

thanks on advance, gonna check how these look for me :golfclap:

Hehe, I didn't notice any lagging when I used them for a playthrough, so I figured they should be ok at that size. :p

If anyone has any problems they can always resize them themselves.

The animation is partially related to the file size, as instead of having it at say 512x512 I had to double either the length or the width so as to fit the second frame of the animation on.

If i'd wanted to make it reeeeeally detailed, I could have gone further and added more frames, but that would have been taking the piss somewhat, I feel.

Just tried them on both Kotor and TSL, no noticable lags so far, although I did tweak (compress) file to 572 or 721 kb textures ... keeping dimensions intact.

FYI, I'm gonna keep a mixture of these blades and not flickering ones in both games. The better of both worlds eh? :brow:

oh, great job with the flickering tweak, on my way to start a more "cinematic" playthrough with this :raise:

thank u again :)

Archived