Home

[Help] C.S.I. (Cyborg Sith Initiative) [KOTOR2]

antoniojose

C.S.I. (Cyborg Sith Initiative)

2rc02g5.jpg

Welcome to my Cyborg Sith Initiative (imagine that spoken in the voice of Darth Sidious)

I guess it would be best to admit that this isnt an actual mod but a request for help in creating a mod. Unfortunately my programming knowledge is limited to making only aesthetic mods. What I would like to achieve in this is the help of a person or persons with the knowledge to make this mod a reality.

In this mod I wish to create a new set of outfits using the Sith Assassin head and Darth Bandons body. The tricky part in making this is that I would like the head and body to match which is a hard thing to do without having to go into kotor tool everytime I feel like changing my outfit. Below I have a sequence of screenshots I took to give you an example of what exactly I am talking about.

Sith Apprentice Model

ngdr88.jpg

Manaanian Model

vyscw.jpg

Black & Yellow Model

3097iag.jpg

Onderonian Model

wbci6c.jpg

These are just a few of the models I have in mind. For times sake I'm not going to upload the rest. Hopefully you get what I have in mind. As stated before I am looking for someone who can make these outfits a reality each with their own stats and locations in the KOTOR:TSL world.

Edit: Also if you are a designer and can either create some high res versions of my designs or have some of your own that you think would fit this mod please post them and I will decide if they are dope enough to include. And of course I will give you credit so dont worry..

Please respond if you can or know of someone that can bring this idea to life.

-Antonio

I love the Onderonian model, looks great! All the skins look great actually though I agree with Canderis about the colors being somewhat unSithlike. Still, I hope you're able to get them in game alright, they really do look amazing!

just to clarity, i know how to add items in the 2da file as well as creating the uti file for the robe. what i want is for the head and body to match up when i select the armor for my character instead of overwriting tga files everytime i wanna change the outfit

Best way I can think of is to make separate entries in heads.2da for each of the heads and seperate entries in appearance.2da for each armour model, making sure that the correct heads are referenced in each new appearance entry.

Then using disguise items to be able to wear them all in game.

Best way I can think of is to make separate entries in heads.2da for each of the heads and seperate entries in appearance.2da for each armour model, making sure that the correct heads are referenced in each new appearance entry.

Then using disguise items to be able to wear them all in game.

could u explain how i would do that?

These are really good quality skins, but there's something odd about the color combinations. I couldn't really foresee sith using these.

I see what u mean. i'd b more than happy to add any designs ppl have that would fit the darth bando torso model. and i promise to give you credit for it

could u explain how i would do that?

I'm not sure how I can explain it any better than I just did. If you look through some of the tutorials in Holowan, you'll be able to get the gist of how 2da files work.

Just make a new row in heads.2da for each mask skin, as well as a new row in appearance.2da for each armour skin. All you need to do is make sure that the value in the 'normalhead' column for each new entry in appearance.2da is set to the Row Index of the correct entry in heads.2da and you're good to go!

Sorry, I just can't think of any other way to explain it, and i'm not at my house at the moment, otherwise i'd make a mock up for you and provide some pictures to show what i'm talking about.

Your problem is that you haven't actually set the TSL Patcher up to install everything. Your changes .ini file is completely empty. The reason it won't install your mod is because you haven't actually told it what it needs to install. :p

Also, in appearance.2da I notice you've named the textures as assasin_armor_01, assasin_armor_02 etc.

You'll need to remove the _01, _02 or whatver from the end of the texture name in the .2da file, else you'll get some strange results when you actually get your armour into the game. What you need to do is set the texture variation in the .uti templates for your items.

I know from experience that this is tricky stuff when you first get into modding and that it's stuff you learn from experience, trial and error, but i'm sure you'll pick it up in a flash now that you've made a start!

Make the changes i've suggested and try to set the TSL Patcher up properly and see how it goes. If you really can't get it to work, i'll do it for you some time this week when I have some free time.

I would have done it straight away, but now that you've been given some advice, I thought it would be better to let you try it yourself again. The best way to learn something is to do it, I think!

Anyway like I said, if you still can't get it all to work, i'll set it all up for you some time this week. :)

Good luck!

thanx, I really appreciate u sticking with me on this one, I'll give it a try asap. I just wanna mention that the 2da files have worked perfectly on my system even tho they have the _## at the end of the texture. I will admit that im starting from a clean install of kotor 2 so there's no clashing with any other mod.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205675

Examine that. I would suggest that you go back through your 2da edits and put the 2DAMEMORY in the left column.

Also, why do you have normalhead and backuphead as the same 2DAMEMORY?

Finally, a little tip for you:

Edit your previous posts that have images in them, highlight the url and the image symbols, like this:

"<url here>" <--Highlight everything but the quotes

and then hit the button the the immediate left of the youtube sign in the upper right corner of the reply editor. This will make the page load faster for people who have 56k modems...

Archived