Home

Strange Stuff on Tatooine

CrisG

I am back on Tatooine for my main class quest, at level 34 but found it not easy.

First once i got to the first jumping off place for the Jedi Knight quest to find the crashed spaceship where i suspect i will finally get my healer, i coudnt run, ie i could not use sprint at all, i barely moved. My speeder would not speed either, it also crawled. Is there another plague on Tatooine? i didnt see any dimishing of my health bar and i had focus, but could not move fast.

then i hit the quest location and there were three Siths, all level 32 but all elilte and they batted me down like i was not there. I am remembering why i dropped out before, i hate this feeling of helplessness, they chew up my companion in about 10 seconds and then barely bother with me, even tho i try to use the chains i have learned, and use Force stasis to try to keep up and then try to use Force Sweep, but to no avail, nothing works.

can anyone suggest answers for either/ any strategies for using on Sith Harrowers? they are jerks. I may have to ask for help but wanted to try to do this on my own and do not have a healer yet and Kira is my best dps, the bot would be useless here i think.

Looks like the slowdown was some sort of server bug, i can move normally again in that area..but i still have the problem of beating elites.

I tried the Black Sun Pirate rescue Heroic quest near that outpost you jump off from to get to the crashed Jedi ship, and i could not even beat a level 29 Elite boss, no way jose.

i am stumped how to beat higher level enemies with the basic tools of the Jedi Knight, it has the be the weakest class in the game....and we have no healer to help out yet even at level 34, which the others all have. I dont know why they would crippple the signature class of the game...unless they just want to make us suffer.:swear::firemad:

i am going back to Aldebran where at least i can beat someone and try to level up a few levels before coming back the only way i can advance it looks like is to be six or seven levels above what the game wants to try to force us to play ...i am tired of dying over and over when according to the story line the entire galaxy is watching my next mession :)

OK, i will do that, and for that quest mission. and the Sith Harrowers maybe i will just try to pratice over on Alderran and get the chains working better, i still dont think i am doing the sequencing right to get the critical hits that they are supposed to create for us. I will keep trying. and thanks. Ya those heroic bosses are tough that is for sure. thanks for the advice..it is still hard for me to ask for help.

btw that saying by jefferson in your sig is awesome, had not read it before.

Right on that one is.!

I see i am not the only one having a hard time with these jerk harrowers...they use dirty tricks..ie an immune spell..

here is a thread with lots of help:

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=102146&page=3

Alt 12.29.2011 , 11:59 AM | #6

Beitrag melden Zitat

What spec/level are you? Are your companions well geared? If not, upgrade Kira at least. I just did the harrowers at 32 without a problem. The following is assuming you're a Guardian because you didn't specify. If you're a Sentinel, I'm not sure how to help as I haven't played one.

If you have Hilt Strike (extra 4 second stun), they're easy. Let Kira beat on them until she's about 20%, leap in and start fighting (make sure to taunt if she's about to die, you need her DPS). Once it's attacking you, let it fight you down to whatever HP level you please (I like about 60%), then Force Stasis. Once Stasis wears off, immediately Hilt Strike. Once Hilt Strike wears off, Force Push then leap on him again. By this time the harrower should be close enough to death that you don't need to do much except DPS, but you can throw Saber Ward/Warding Call in if need be.

Honestly I just fought through the immunity or ran around for a bit until it wore off. The fights weren't close enough that this became a problem.

If you're specced Vengeance/Focus, I can't really help you much. I've been having little trouble with bosses and champion mobs in Defense spec with Kira. You can also try stimming and bringing some med packs with you to the fight as well.

Benutzerbild von SidisAran

SidisAran

Alt 12.29.2011 , 12:02 PM | #7

Beitrag melden Zitat

Zitat: Zitat von Whiteskull Beitrag anzeigen

My class quest has me fighting 3 of them (one at a time) but no matter what pet i use i cant win lol.

Even useing all my skills only lets me get 1 to 20% or so tried having it tanked for awhile etc.., dont see a way to stop any skills he use's like other class boss's am i missing something?

i am 32 btw and so are the harrowers with 14k hps

I recall that quest before I rerolled (thanks, Kira). Anyway, I was fully Guardian spec'ed and a level or two above the quest. I did absolutely fine until they popped an enrage buff, thing is...the buff displayed about ten times on their unit frame. Judging by how hard they started hitting, I think I believe it. My fully tank spec/geared Guardian went from 40% to about 5% in a matter of seconds.

When I played JK, I leveled with a Consular and very nearly had to call her in for that. My only advice would be to pop a stim, carry a medpac or five, and hope for the best. If there are multiple stacks of the buff, I would inquire via ticket. I got a copy/paste response though.

dunno if others had experiences this, but my quest was bugged there. My companions would randomly lie on the ground in that area and not get up (hence not doing any DPS). I tried all kinds of relogging, re-summoning them, but nothing. I couldn't solo the fight and I called a friend to help me. His companion also bugged out and laid on the ground for the majority of the fight. That quest pissed me off, because I think it would have been doable if not for the bug.

I too had a hard time with this one. I must have died twenty times before finally (barely) beating the first one, using everything I had. The second one I only died once and the third I beat easily with over 50% of my health (and almost full companion health) without using several defensive abilities. So, I can't say why one was easier than the others. What's really strange to me is the one fight that was easiest I did the least on.

Leap kira in

Wait for a blue bar (can't remember if they use one quickly)

Jump / sweep

Stasis

Master strike

Run away!!! (while they are immune)

Force leap back in (if far enough away)

Ward

Blade storm

When they do the thing that knocks you down is this the indication that are immune? And how do you know when you can reenter the battle?

I'm 36 and getting smoked at the end. I'll have them at about 25% with me at about 75% and then they do the knock down thing and put me at about 50% then wale on me till we are both down to about 10% and then I can't finish them off. I didn't notice this immune thing so I'm guessing that's why. These are the most annoying fight ever. I'm tossing everything at them and have died at least 7 times as Sent Combat spec. These Elites are just retarded for me in this spec... When do I get doc?

With all these tough bosses you just have to learn the little annoying trick to them. I died at least 7-8 times last night and rage quit or more depression quit. lol

Came on here, saw the thing about the immune. I didn't even see this last night. But flytext "Immune" comes off their body.

So I went in this time and I had two left to do, only killed one last night.

I ended up killing two back to back. Didn't even stop to rest. I pulled back when the "Immune" fly text started and then just waited for it to end and pounded them.

I have focused my spec on Zen and Slash/Blade Rush. And when I used this tactic this time and focused on building centering for zen and then just rapid fired slash while avoiding immune I crushed them. It was crazy. Super easy fight. I can't believe it comparing it to my frustration last night.

Just RUN AWAY when they become immune and do crazy damage. Once it goes away, charge back in. Easy peasy.

Too many people don't know how to play and just sit there facerolling their DPS rotation.

not totally sure Jas....well some of them stay....one of these harrowers is meditating, ie sitting on the ground and he returns to that posture when he wins...so i think he certainly wont run, there are two more standing and i bet they may chase a bit..but i didnt try running...will report back ..if i survive :)

....so i guess these strategies will work...i had not thought about that a lot.... but the problem is that in that canyon there are about 14 hairy nasty beasts...each of them level 29 or 30 so i guess the designers placed them there to make the running away a bit more challenging.

My internet was down today until just now so i havent been back into try the mission agian but i will try and find out about the mobility of the Sith in combat...and if it is possible to disengage....they may chase me but maybe i can get them involved in fighitng some of the beasties in the canyon.

I'm gonna note something though: it looks like some class phases scale the foes inside to your level. When my 30-something Trooper did some Tatooine class quests(wayyy overleveled), I found the foes in one phase to be my level and strong, kicking my ass. So going to Alderaan to level more may just backfire. :p

hmm, ok well thanks both of you. I am still having net problems, barely .36 mps so i am screwed for trying to play the game it is freezeville. sigh. I will practice my sabre moves doing finger puppets.... and memorize buff chains that Master Mim showed me about.

Take that you Dark Thumblord!!!!! :holosid::slsaber::lsduel:

They don't scale.

You sure? My Trooper in his 30s, let's say 34 had a quest in a phase just north of Outpost Salara on Tatooine, and instead of the expected level 25/26-ish foes, they were all strongs of level 34, my level. The level disparity that matched my overleveledness made me think they scaled to my level.

As far as I know, mobs don't scale. I've been consistently above the level of mobs throughout the game with the characters I played with about six levels. Until near the end of the game, of course.

You sure the mobs you encountered weren't in Bonus Series areas on Tatooine?

For sure. It was a class quest, north of Outpost Salara, the Republic quest hub at NW corner of Jundland, near the Dune Sea border. Definitely not of my overleveled level range. And they were inside a phase, which would allow for mobs to spawn in specific conditions, including level.

I don't think every class quest does that, but at least some do. CrisG was 6 levels over Tatooine's maximum level, and there aren't random wild packs of Sith in any area(Tatooine Bonus Series for Republic involves Tusken Raiders, no Sith). So I just assumed the foes in a phase leveled with him. Well it depends on if he was in a phase. Did you encounter these elite Sith in a quest phase CrisG?

Okay, looked it up again. The quest you are talking about is "Guided by the Force", which is the Jedi Knight class quest that starts after you finish Chapter 1. It's a level 35 quest according to the Swtor-spy database, which makes sense considering it's a chapter 2 quest. So while the main stuff on Tatooine is between 25 and 28 or something, this particular phase is indeed higher in level, but still doesn't scale to your level.

thanks for all the help, part of the problem was my internet provider, Century Tel, they messed up at a hub and all the DSL for colorado was slowed way down for a while. Mine got back up to playable after four days...but during that time, my ping was soo bad i just had to give up and wait. but thanks..i was able to finally kill two of the Ravagers but the third one, the elite was too tough to crack, mim helped me and i am on my way. :)

i did learn a lot about chains and rotations tho, and am really starting to be able to do a somewhat decent job. Up to Level 35 now.

Archived