Home

Mass Effect 4

Red Hessian

I the 4th ME can be where the future has the civilization study mass effect fields which leads to a wormhole that sends the player to a parallel universe.

The antagonist or threat could also jump or lead the player to go through this wormhole.

The ending of ME3 could influence the player's look and bio.

In the parrallel universe you see a universe where the Reapers maybe never exist or were defeated earlier in a earlier cycle then the original.

Imagine seeing a works where the war between the arancoids ended different. Maybe the geth and quarans are in different situations.

And have a new threat that will not alter or be little the reapers in your universe.

Bump:

BioWare formally announces new Mass Effect game

Nothing too special, but it's being made at the Montreal studio, has Casey Hudson in lead, will be helped by the Edmonton studio, is being made on Frostbite 2 (based on the work by the Dragon Age III team) and that it is going to take a while, so you might want to make a cup of tea or something.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, Mass Effect 3's ending was incredibly... uninspiring. I was hoping Shepard would survive the ordeal and he could live the rest of his life with his final romance choice... but no... he had to die one way or another... and his romance choice even has the option of being slaughtered... I guess they can both cuddle in hell... or heaven... or whatever damned afterlife they went to.

I am going to be incredibly cautious with Mass Effect 4, hell I might even rent it before I actually buy it. I do agree that they don't need to call it Mass Effect 4, that would imply that Shepard was going to be in the game since he is the main protagonist in the other three.

Perhaps one way they could go about it, is that there was a base of Protheans which evaded destruction by the Reapers, but only barely, because they were encased underground. Then they try and take over the universe since they believe them to be superior (like Javik said he didn't understand that the races had evolved as much as they had). Though that could of course be met with negativity since all Protheans were destroyed by the Reapers and it wouldn't exactly make sense that an entire world went untouched by them...

Honestly I don't know, but I wouldn't think they'd put it in the First Contact War, because then that'd make all your companions human and that goes against what people expect from a Mass Effect game...

• 2 months later...

I would think it would not be attached with the 4 moniker. Because of the fact that Shepard has basically no possibility of being in it effectively.

My thought is that a prequel would be pretty likely, easier to pull off. The ambiguity of the ending would make a sequel type much harder, people that chose synthesis would want to know were the relays had gone or the other way if they wanted the destroy or control.

I have never liked prequels for anything. In my opinion, unless you're a lore fanatic of, say, the lord of the rings, then you'd love to watch the Hobbit, to see background of characters and events leading up to the trilogy. However, that is IT. There's no wonder of the ending, 'cause you know it. There's no wonder of character fate, because unless they are only introduced and killed off in that prequel, you know what happens to them.

The ONLY thing that could be good about a prequel is a Halo: Reach tragic it's all about caring about the characters kind of move. As in, make the characters themselves THE story. BioWare could easily pull that off.

• 2 months later...

Mac Walters confirms working on Mass Effect 4; defend's Mass Effect 3's ending.

A minority indeed.

However, while that may possibly be true, it seems to me that the group of people that disliked 3's ending were a majority of the ones who invested themselves in the series, i.e. dedicated fans, as opposed to people who simply played the game. And as has been expressed elsewhere, I think it's interesting that Bioware decided to create an entire DLC to address the concerns of such a minority.

I also don't know where Bioware is getting their numbers, because, as demonstrated in the video, basically every single poll concerning Mass Effect 3's ending on the internet shows the majority of voters having issues with the game's ending/regarding them negatively.

Personally, I can actually accept Walter's involvement in 4 - I agree that most of 3 is great, up to the last part. What worries me is that he continues to defend the endings specifically.

On a positive note, he acknowledges that this next instalment shouldn't really be called "Mass Effect 4".

I would think it highly unlikely they will trend back towards ME1. If anything, I would expect it to be even more streamlined and action-focused than ME3. I would also be unsurprised to see a much larger role for multiplayer as well, especially if the Xbox3 does indeed turn out to be always online.

Thank god, both Casey and Mac are on this. Looks like it'll actually have a *good* story again. Now all I hope is David Gaider and the DA2 team is still writing DA3 and I'll be quite happy with post-DA1 BioWare.
This reads like sarcasm. Probably not intended, but still. ;)

Archived