Home

Kotor I utilized in Kotor II engine?

ecko2334

Pretty much something similar to this but for Kotor I and II.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98

In theory wouldn't it be possible to utilize data from Kotor I(I wager have to do some level of modification). But instead of doing a full conversion you utilize data from Kotor I so long as you have the original game installed but without having to fully port all of the games content?

I think it would be awesome to utilize the animated flowing robes, the more diverse combat animations, and so forth from Kotor II but have the Kotor I's storyline.

Seen some extensive mods including the restored content mod for Kotor II. wouldn't it in theory be possible as long as you have the original Kotor I installed and didn't port the entire game assets over but instead more or less created a "bridge" of sorts to utilize data in the Kotor II engine?

Don't see legalities being an issue because you would require the original Kotor I to be installed and you aren't doing a FULL game port but instead creating a file or script or something upon that level to render the data in Kotor II.

Sorry if this is something that was asked in the past.

Archived