Home

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b, Episode VII due Dec. 18 2015 *Cast Announced 29/04/14*

Astor

Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad

• Good
    • Let's wait and see
    • Bad
    • Yoda

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl:

I still get people telling me off on my YouTube videos every now-and-then for playing the games wrong. Then I tell them off for having such a narrow mind and do it in such a way so they're offended by my response. I continue to play with them for a bit by provoking them where they really defend their view and then I really insult their narrow view and how the KOTOR are role playing games and how I should be able to make whatever choices I want to make and insult them really badly and block them from being able to respond just at the right point where they are really frustrated with me. Fun stuff! :D

I agree Shem why not play a character that is a complete opposite of your true nature it's fun to play as a dark side female

However, if Disney does plan on messing with the Kotor Era, I ask that they tread lightly

They could do a great job with that era showing the start of the Jedi Civil War

and going thru the First Jedi Purge dark period that Chris Nolan could do a damn good job with imho.

I honestly have no idea what to think of all this. On one hand, I would like another SW trilogy and a new Jedi Knight game (and a new KoTOR game, while I'm at it), but on the other hand, I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of a new SW movie "every two to three years".

It would be quite easy to do that. Film for about a year and spend another year, year and a half maybe in post preduction, look at the Batman Trilogy that Chris Nolan did. That's my 2 cents.

They could do a great job with that era showing the start of the Jedi Civil War

and going thru the First Jedi Purge dark period that Chris Nolan could do a damn good job with imho.

I have no doubts that Nolan could do a good job, my skepticism is their handling of it, if they simply mess it up too much.

However, I will not mind if they ignore TOR and bring Revan back to his original glory

I agree Shem why not play a character that is a complete opposite of your true nature it's fun to play as a dark side female

Canon? Pfff. DS Female is the default way I play both games.

As for the main point, well, I honestly felt a bit worried at the start, though it has somewhat eased a bit. My only hope is that their focus won't be entirely kids. I just hope whatever they do, they take it seriously.

I'm glad to see that the marjority of the responses have been the wait and see to positive variety. Can it be that LF isn't all cynical fanboys?

I am a very cynical b@st@rd, the only part I don't like is the fact that the U.S. is losing another privately owned film studio.

I don't like it... despite what people think of Lucas and his treatment of Star Wars over the last few years, I always liked the fact that LucasFilm was independent.

That said, I'm willing to wait and see despite what I feel.

I agree fully Lynk, we need another Teddy Roosevelt as president and do some monopoly busting.

I don't like it... despite what people think of Lucas and his treatment of Star Wars over the last few years, I always liked the fact that LucasFilm was independent.
Overall I have been a Lucas apologist I think. I think overall he has done good things. But I do think this turn of events opens the door to things that would have been out of the question before.

Overall I have been a Lucas apologist I think. I think overall he has done good things. But I do think this turn of events opens the door to things that would have been out of the question before.

He did something right, 4 billion dollars worth of right. Have to give him credit for that even if I didn't like all his choices.

That said, I'm willing to wait and see despite what I feel.

This accurately represents my own opinion.

I still think It's bizarre how he was willing to relinquish his leash like that... seeing how hard he fought for creative control back when he made the original Star Wars.

I think he was tired of it. ~40 years of creating and maintaining an empire seems to have taken its toll on him, and he wants to be free of its responsibilities. At least that's the feeling I get from his comments and demeanour about this deal.

He also said that he wanted Star Wars to live past him, and that he wanted to hand the reigns over to his chosen successor while he was around. And, yeah, while I don't like it, Disney is probably the best place Star Wars could be for it to be taken into the future.

His decision to donate most of the profits from the deal toward charity has earned him a fair bit of respect in my eyes. ~4 billion dollars, given away. What is that, like, half his net worth? Amazing. Well done, George. :thmbup1:

Why do so many people mistake Lucasfilm with LucasArts?
Because one is a division of the other. Whilst they may be separate entities legally speaking, it's not like LA has ever been completely independent and free to do what it wishes. Thus they are functionally one and the same, as far as broad decisions go (i.e. canon, marketing focus, etc.).

Archived