Home

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b, Episode VII due Dec. 18 2015 *Cast Announced 29/04/14*

Astor

Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad

• Good
    • Let's wait and see
    • Bad
    • Yoda

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disney really are planning on wringing out their 4 billion's worth.

I guess a Boba movie is absolutely a lock. Beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised to see a movie or two focused on one or more of Zahn's characters, most likely Mara Jade and/or Talon Karrde, given their popularity in the EU. And no doubt Samuel L. Jackson would be quite keen on a Windu-centric movie.

Anyway, Hollywood, make it happen!

"You see, my ship don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at her. Now, if you were to apologise, like I know you're going too, I might just convince her you really didn't mean it..."

"You see, my ship don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at her. Now, if you were to apologise, like I know you're going too, I might just convince her you really didn't mean it..."

Hahaha. Clint as Boba, make it happen Disney.

I can't believe they aren't doing a Darth Vader spin-off, set between Episode III and IV.

Doing a Vader spinoff would probably do more damage than anything else. It's one of those characters you want to use the least because it would diminish his presence as a character on the Original Trilogy every second he's on screen in anything else.

True.

I also think it wouldn't hurt to move on from the time period set between episodes III and IV.

Me neither until I saw Anthony Ingruber's impression, not to mention the guy looks like a young Harrison Ford. He's got a lot of potential. Needs to work on his voice and being forced with the expressions, but if he can tweak that, he should be young Han and not any other well known actor you can think of.

I'm not at that Star Wars burnout stage myself, but I'm a Star Wars fan so probably never will be. Most people aren't into it as much as I am, though, so I can see why they'd feel differently. Still, I'm way more excited about the new trilogy because we have a good director, good writers, no Hayden Christensen and no one knows what's going to happen unlike the prequels.

Doing a Vader spinoff would probably do more damage than anything else. It's one of those characters you want to use the least because it would diminish his presence as a character on the Original Trilogy every second he's on screen in anything else.

This, and its applicable for the whole franchise... I'm a Star Wars FREAK, But it still needs to be a massive event when we get a Star Wars film, I don't want us to get so many that its waters down Star Wars on the big screen, like the EU and TCW tends to do to themselves. Quality not Quantity.

My dad is interested in seeing ep 7. He was interested in AOTC when it was in theaters but has never even made a move to even try to watch ep 3. He has seen the all important last part of mustafar on TV. He was all like, "Oh, so THAT's why he wears that suit and mask."

It's a crap chute at this point. We don't really know what's going to happen. Guess as we may.

That was confirmed to be a fake (in a way, I'm glad).

On the other hand, we have Mark Hamill confirming that he has been in talks with Lucas about reprising his role again.

They're talking to us, George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived