Home

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4b, Episode VII due Dec. 18 2015 *Cast Announced 29/04/14*

Astor

Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Disney buys Lucasfilm - Good or Bad

• Good
    • Let's wait and see
    • Bad
    • Yoda

From what I understand about Mayhew's knees - he had "wobbly" knees, meaning they wouldn't lock out properly, and that made it very difficult for him to walk. Similar to what Darth Avlectus stated, I've heard many cases where knee replacement absolutely changed the quality of life for people. Hopefully this is the case for Mayhew. Given a few months of rehab, he should be able to walk just fine. As for any crazy Tarzan stunts, I'd imagine they'd go with CGI anyway - whether it was Mayhew or not.

As for his age - I believe he's actually younger than Harrison Ford, right?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Cast of Episode VII Announced

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Max von Sydow. Awesome.

Haven't got time to look up the other names yet, but Max and Andy Serkis are awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and John Williams returning as composer. Obviously.

I honestly can't believe I'm reading this. I never thought I would see the say when the original cast would appear in another Star Wars film.

<one tear>

Well, they almost had to at this point. There were reports that Hamill, Fisher, and Ford were hanging around the studio recently. John Campea called it the worst kept secret in Hollywood last summer.

Well, they almost had to at this point. There were reports that Hamill, Fisher, and Ford were hanging around the studio recently. John Campea called it the worst kept secret in Hollywood last summer.
Yeah, I was thinking more from a last few decades standpoint. I mean, since 1983 the official stance was there would never be episodes 7-9. The Big Three seemed to imply they would never do it again. Star Wars was done.

And yet here we are. My whole life I never expected it to happen, and even though there were the rumors recently to see it become reality is really amazing to me. We'll see how it turns out, but for me right now all signs are positive.

I guess I am having a religious moment :)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

This video has some possible spoilers. You've been warned:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Archived