Home

Disney buying lucas arts?

jentos vone

Well disney buying lucasarts l think it's both: bad is that they just killed some sw characters and we need to hope that everything would be good in the new film:(:(:( and good is that they just began continuing star wars saga ;):) well l got a bad felling abaut this somehow:confused::confused::confused:

Question is are those games gana be good :raise::raise:

They've said they will going to focus on more social and mobile games. So I'd say "no".

if now includes a video game devision

LucasArts has been Lucasfilm's videogame division for decades. It's not something that was created now.

• 1 month later...

i wonder if, in the event they do suck, people just think, "well, they WERE good" and we can forget about them, and just maintain that the Lucas years of Star Wars were "the good old days" and those will be the times that people pay attention to.

I don't think that there is a way that Disney could screw it up so bad that i could just "be done" with Star Wars. It will always be there, even if it is an era that has ended with the purchase of LucasFilm. From the beginning of Star Wars until the day that Disney took over will always be there for people, even if the new stuff isn't.

However, i have been wrong before, if there is a way to make a movie so bad that it will make people abandon a franchise, Disney can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney does have a history of going for the lowest common denominator with people. Who is the most recognizable figure in all of star wars, and even the most recognizable sound in all of star wars? Darth Vader, his helmet, his force choke, the sound of his breathing apparatus, even his theme song are very clear in peoples minds. If there is something that Disney will reuse, that they should never touch, is Darth Vader. His story is complete, the entire saga began with his discovery, and ended with his death. Anything after episode 6 that involves Vader is a travesty.

Disney does have a history of going for the lowest common denominator with people. Who is the most recognizable figure in all of star wars, and even the most recognizable sound in all of star wars? Darth Vader, his helmet, his force choke, the sound of his breathing apparatus, even his theme song are very clear in peoples minds. If there is something that Disney will reuse, that they should never touch, is Darth Vader. His story is complete, the entire saga began with his discovery, and ended with his death. Anything after episode 6 that involves Vader is a travesty.

it's true his story is complete

how can you not like EU? some of it is silly, but overall it is better than the movies by far.

Whatever a persons opinion is of EU, it's going to have a big upset with the Sequel Trilogy being released. There's no way they'd be able to really fit the Sequel Trilogy into the complex web the post-RotJ EU has created. It would need to override it for the writers to come up with a story to form a screenplay that they can make movies out of.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys l have been wondering what if Disney ressurects Maul in the Sequel trilogy at the Clone Wars Season 5 episode 16 l saw at the end of the episode Maul was not killed by Sidious only Savage was and also if Maul would be at the sequel trilogy then he would have to face the chosen one in combat acording by the Star Wars wiki abaut Maul http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Archived