Home

The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope

DarthGeo

My biggest dream for this series is to see The Force Unleashed (III): A New Hope! It could have an intro level to kill off the StarKiller (for real this time) which leads into Vader chasing Leia's ship over Tatooine. It could be through Starkiller and his use of the force that Leia is told about Obi Wan being alive and on Tatooine which prompts her to leave and go to the planet to seek out his help.

I really think these games based on the three original films (A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi) are LONG overdue. I think they could focus on the side stories left to our imaginations as well as the main stories we already know, tying them together with the old and "new", i.e.:

Luke bullseyeing womp rats in his T-16 in Begger's Canyon

Han rescues Chewie

Han and Chewie dump their cargo and piss off Jabba.

The Kessel run!

Yoda's arrival on Dagobah and HIS experience with the cave

The rebels fleeing Yavin and moving to Hoth

The rebel fleet fleeing Hoth

Vader and Fett's arrival on Yavin and meeting with Lando

A bounty hunter side story explaining what happened to them after leaving Vader's star destroyer

Wookie revolt, since they are the slave workers of the Empire

Ewoks dealing with the arrival of the Empire on their forest moon

I can go on and on with this! Each mission is different and you play multiple characters throughout all the games, including Wicked (Ewok), Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Yoda, Lando, Vader, Admiral Ackbar (leading the fleet) and so on! The possibilities are virtually endless. Why do the powers that be not see the potential there? This could be bigger than Tomb Raider was!

Anyone else here have any thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Some of this is in other stuff - for example, the capture of Leia above Tatooine is already in Empire at War, and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah is explained in the Thrawn Trilogy (or maybe Hand of Thrawn - can't remember, but he fought a Dark Jedi).

Checking out Empire at War, thanks for the recommendation!

Do recall the dark Jedi from Thrawn trilogy! I think that would make an awesome Yoda level actually. Basically even if it just followed the original trilogy movies in Tomb Raider format I would die happy!

Archived