Home

Deus Ex: Human Revolution to become feature film

Your thoughts on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution movie?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution movie?

• I always asked for this
    • I kind of asked for this
    • I didn't really ask for this
    • I never asked for this
    • yoda

CBS Films announced today that Scott Derrickson (Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose) will direct the screen adaptation of the iconic Square Enix video game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Derrickson will also write the screenplay for the film with C. Robert Cargill (Sinister). Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh are attached to produce the film with John P. Middleton serving as Executive Producer.

"Deus Ex is a phenomenal cyberpunk game with soul and intelligence,” said Derrickson, who continued, “By combining amazing action and tension with big, philosophical ideas, Deus Ex is smart, ballsy, and will make one hell of a movie. Cargill and I can't wait to bring it to the big screen."

Source

Derrickson directs good horror and The Exorcism of Emily Rose was rather good, but nothing I would call particularly amazing. I could always hope this will somehow magically turn into an amazing film, but going by Derrickson's statements painting the game as having 'amazing action' - which it doesn't have, emphasis on either word, it's looking to be an action B-movie.

I guess if there's any silver lining to this, it's that Square Enix is serious about Deus Ex as a franchise, further affirming suspicions of a Deus Ex 4.

I simply will not be able to stomach any audio-video representation of Adam Jensen without Elias Toufexis' voice. :carms:

To the topic in general: I've always loathed it when people called for the creation of a Deus Ex live action movie (often done in awe after watching the cinematic cg trailers).

Deus Ex is a bastion of video game history; let it remain as such. There is no reason for it to be bastardized into a movie, especially when video-game movies have almost always been horrible detriments to their respective IP's. ಠ_ಠ

Archived