Home

Original Actors

acdcfanbill

Should the OT actors make an appearance?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OT actors make an appearance?

• Yes
    • No

Yes and no. Yes, there will need to be that connection made between the OT and ST, but I don't want the OT characters to be the central focus or even have that much screen time at all in the ST. It should be treated more like how Obi-Wan and Yoda (if you were to call them PT characters) were there for key moments to guide Luke in the OT

Yes and no. Yes, there will need to be that connection made between the OT and ST, but I don't want the OT characters to be the central focus or even have that much screen time at all in the ST. It should be treated more like how Obi-Wan and Yoda (if you were to call them PT characters) were there for key moments to guide Luke in the OT

Pretty much this.

Harrison Ford won't do it. He has yet to be at a Star Wars Celebration. Mark Hammel was at his first American Star Wars Celebration at SWC5, so i am doubtful but it might happen, and i think it is a toss up whether Carrie fisher will do it. But i am for sure saying that Han Solo will not be making a new appearance.

Mark Hammel can say he will be in it all he wants, but i am just curious if there is a place in it for him. If he is really in it, they can only go to the forming of the new Jedi Order, and maybe into his kids and their adventures, but i can't really see it. They can't use Han and Leia's kids because without the originals it won't work all that well.

A sequel trilogy will be a completely new story line. Both the original and prequel trilogies followed the life of Anakin/Darth Vader. That was their central story. They did explore other stories, but in the end, they always returned to Anakin /Vader. Vader's story is over, the emperor is dead, and when we last left our heroes, the galaxy was at peace. where can they go without forging a new story line?

I guess everyone has their price, and Disney has deep pockets, but i think if they are going to tie the various trilogies together, they will do it in some other way than with cameos from past movies.

• 3 weeks later...

Just me, but I think that assuming these new movies will be set not a long period of time after ROTJ (i.e, while the gang's in-universe is still young enough to be having adventures like in the EU books), they should just recast them. I mean, they did it with Star Trek, and that turned out fine.

Just me, but I think that assuming these new movies will be set not a long period of time after ROTJ (i.e, while the gang's in-universe is still young enough to be having adventures like in the EU books), they should just recast them. I mean, they did it with Star Trek, and that turned out fine.

I'm guessing you mean the good EU, then?

Because they'd all be about the right age(ish) for any of the events post Dark Nest Crisis. But I think we'd all agree that that's something no-one would want to see acted out.

A sequel trilogy will be a completely new story line. Both the original and prequel trilogies followed the life of Anakin/Darth Vader. That was their central story. They did explore other stories, but in the end, they always returned to Anakin /Vader. Vader's story is over, the emperor is dead, and when we last left our heroes, the galaxy was at peace. where can they go without forging a new story line?

Just browsing through the SW wiki (Wookiepedia is it?) The Emperor's spirit lives on after the OT and takes over new bodies. I haven't read any book involving a Skywalker or associate character of one (The Solos?) so i'm not entirely sure if what I just said is entirely true.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just browsing through the SW wiki (Wookiepedia is it?) The Emperor's spirit lives on after the OT and takes over new bodies. I haven't read any book involving a Skywalker or associate character of one (The Solos?) so i'm not entirely sure if what I just said is entirely true.

that's the trick to immortality that darth plagieus the wise passed onto sidious ^^ no one truly knows the age of palpatine, in theory he could be hundreds of years old by the time of the clone wars.

mara jade (for dark jedi assasin for lord vader) meets luke, she leaves the empire, they fall in love, they have kids

han and liea have kids, then the story revolves around them battling against the different sects of the empire run by different Moff's, a lot of infighting whilst the rebels gain ground..

very interesting read.. but that is just off of the top of my head.

In Darth Plagueis, he is shown as a teenager, with a father, mother and several siblings. The likelihood of anything before that is unlikely. I think it is safe to assume that he was born naturally to the woman he calls mother, and doesn't realize any of his gifts until Darth Plagueis makes contact and begins to turn him to the Dark side and instruct him in the ways of the force. After that , he isn't very old when the clone wars begin, and the physical body dies at the end of ROTJ, but he still goes on transferring his essence into cloned bodies until he runs out, and finally, with no body to inhabit, he becomes one with the force, and his story is over.

Personally I think they should get as much of the old cast from the OT as possible.

I think it makes sense for Luke Skywalker to be the head of the Jedi Order in the ST.

If the story is set 30 odd years after XI, of course the original cast should return. You do NOT cast younger actors to play old characters, that makes no sense.

Excellently put.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived