Home

How did F2P go so wrong?

awi5951

Actually, if you finish all sidequests, your exactly the right level (up till 30 atleast, there with zbyl).

As subscriber you get twice the XP. But the only result of that is that you quickly outlevel your opposition.

I hardly call actual sidemissions a grind or bothersome.

Really? They actually balanced it out? This is looking better.

Let's see...

* Progression is the same. F2P have the same amount of skills and powers, so, no, not that.

Oh good.

* Half-the-carry-space is true. But overall it's filled with junk anyway. I never ran out. And if I did, just drop some junk.

Ok, on par. Useless junk, or just stuff that will sit around until maybe you can use it--not usually until much later?

* Crappier gear. So far (30) I only found a single purple item (which I cannot use), which had pretty horrible stats. So far, not noticing it thus.

Hm.

* Daily missions and weekly missions are all there. You're limited on warzones of course, but the world bosses? Nothing stopping you.

Well now that sounds promising. I'm so used to free status of most games having so little of any real "action".

That or they'd structure raids or bosses such that you could only beat the easy path and get the crappy ending/results on freebie. So no jipping like this for F2P?

* Fun missions. All missions but operations are in. Are those the only fun quests in the game? If so, that's a massive failure of it's own. I don't think so. Even with too much combat, the dialogue saves it somewhat. I like roleplaying. Enough to overcome gameplay apparently.

Hm. Well then this might be worth f2p afterall.

Stuff is still a hell of a lot more convenient for F2P folks than it was for subscribers that started with the game.

In what ways?

Partially incorrect, you can still get cool stuff, just not cool end game stuff and gear that'll allow you to do the really high end operations... since if you really cared about that kind of stuff, you'd subscribe anyway.
True.

Well it's just that I'm so used to...for example BioWare social's SuperHero City...basically until you pay for some items (of which there are TONS) you will have to go without. So if you met another Lv 255 who played just as long as you but that guy spent his inheritance (or moth's rent at least) on all that "stuff" all along, you can bet you're getting stomped.

So, you can more or less go head to head with others that are equivalent to your character and not have to be concerned that everyone else out-stats you by like 2X, 3X or 10X?

Because that gets ridiculous when you're the kickball for all the other people in your level range.

Limited, yes. Off limits, no. Though I don't really know what you mean by fun missions since that varies from person to person.

It (like most of what I said but snipped) is what I have come to generally expect in F2P. As I said above, you could have a raid but because of how it is structured, you wouldn't be able to do jack squat more or less.

Or in some of these games where you have a "final campaign" but because you didn't put any $$$ in for their "credits", you're S.O.L. in some way or another if there is any kind of time constraint, or some item is required that costs "credits", or what have you. Or in still other games you have daily missions but select missions are not available and limits the amount of income/rewards you can receive per day. Sort of like the XP in post above, but reaches into more areas.

I'm glad to see they aren't as oppressive about it and have taken time to, you know, really balance it out.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not perfect, but it's not anywhere near as bad as people are saying it is... plus the subscribers are giving the relevant feedback to make sure that it isn't unfair for F2P people.

With that said, F2P isn't meant to be a free ride, it's meant to be the minimum people need to enjoy the game. If people really want to get into the involved competitive aspect of PvP or the involved cooperative aspect of engame PvE, then it's only natural you become a paying subscriber because those parts of the game are... as I said... ery involved and require you to be pretty damn invested in the game, enough to want to PAY for it.

As for the rest of it, subscribers want the F2P folks to be happy cause we like having them around and we want people to enjoy the game. That's why the subscribers have been the ones to demand the suggestions that BioWare has actually taken to heart and have changed the F2P game accordingly because subsribers know better than anyone else what is needed, minimum, to enjoy the game.

rocket boots, they are so much cheaper with cartel coins than credits. Look thru your legacy and see what you can buy with them as things seem to be cheaper with coins than credits.

But I mention rocket boots because they let you get thru places faster where your speeder won't let you. Plus they are just cool :)

You have a decent chance of getting a speeder with the packs, I bought 4 packs and have 3 Crimons Claws and a Stap out of them. The packs also drop some good crafting material almost 90% of the time. At least they did for me.

Sorry opening poster but you are way off the mark, i think Bioware is doing fine with the free to play and Lord of the Rings is a grind fest, a lousy telling of the wonderful stories and a waste of time. So please dont advise us and Bioware to do what is clearly the wrong way to go. It is fine to have it as it is and I am sure that the Free to Play set up will work well for us sorry to disagree. You are welcome to your opinion but it is not fact because you may think it :) Have a nice day :)

Love the coins for the unlocks...

1. Rocket Boost (agree with Eefluxx)

2. Unlocking speeder license sooner for lower level toons. It was great having a level 50 speeder on my level 40 Knight. It made Voss, Belsavis and Hoth so much easier and faster.

3. Repair droid - This is a must for anyone that does Ops, but I even like it on my lower levels as you can buy medpacs from the droid and sell your junk.

4. XP Boost - Playing a new toon trying to get to 50 as fast as possible. This makes is easy.

5. Speed up the cool down on Quick Travel.

I like the packs too, but I get a speeder, dancers top and torso armor in every pack....You can't give away those and you can't sell them to a vendor.

I use PayPal to pay for everything swtor related... people say PayPal doesn't work well but aside from the one problem I had initially, everything seems to work pretty well for me now with 0 issues.

Hmm... might have to look into that. Still haven't figured out how to add money on my paypal. :p

They don't have me bugging them to go run go do datacron runs, dailies, daily heroics, hmfps, world bosses and Ops like you do. :xp: There was a time when I was running 3 and 4 Ops a week, I didn't have time for the other class stories becaue I was too busy running Ops and Dailies on 2 toons.

Even if he didn't, playing through all 8 character stories takes time... especially when you replay a story for a different alignment. That would be a grand total of 16 characters... then you just have to replay for old times sake. :rolleyes: (Yes, yes... I'm a total alt-a-holic. :¬: )

back as a subscriber...much better now. f2p is weird i guess it gets you through to probably level 50 after that its worth it to subscribe.

Sure, until you run out of money because you have no job. :xp:

But in all seriousness, even at 50 if you're still a F2P, it's not too bad... especially with the Cartel unlocks enabling you to have full access to FPs and Operations for what is it... a week? Two weeks?

And if you're referring to the action bar thing, I personally only use two action bars as a P2P... I don't use most of the "general" class abilities because most of them are aimed at getting you to 10 and then after that you generally should be using advanced class abilities... there are some circumstances where the general class abilities are useful, like for a Warrior who can use Saber Strikes to build rage regardless of Advanced Class.

That being said, I did use up all of my bars, one for Healing Flashpoints and Operations and World Bosses, two for general gameplay (which is mostly all I do, due to my alt-a-holic nature) and then a last one for PVP that absolutely NEVER got used. xD Then they added an extra two for P2P and I was like... dafuq do I do with these two empty bars?! ._. So I filled them up with pets and speeders so they wouldn't be blank. :xp:

Hmm... might have to look into that. Still haven't figured out how to add money on my paypal. :p

Just attach your bank account to your paypal. :xp: That's what I did.

Resubbed the other week after a looong time away.

It's like I never left. There have been changes, obviously, mostly really good ones, but I'm really enjoying playing again so far. I haven't gone back to any of my old characters yet, instead playing around with new ones, but now I'm wondering why I stopped playing in the first place.

Resubbed the other week after a looong time away.

It's like I never left. There have been changes, obviously, mostly really good ones, but I'm really enjoying playing again so far. I haven't gone back to any of my old characters yet, instead playing around with new ones, but now I'm wondering why I stopped playing in the first place.

You should catch Jeff, Mav or myself on skype so we can re-add your toons back into the guilds. Also http://www.thewalkingcarpets.com is our official guild site.

Archived