Home

Favorite K1 head for TSL?

L0ki194

Hello there.

I was wondering if anybody could make some head models that are very similar to these two K1 heads:

PMHC04 & PFHC01

They were my favorite heads to use in Kotor, but they aren't in TSL.

Quick tip:

I've done some research on these forums, and apparently the first Hispanic head for TSL has the EXACT same texture layout as the K1 PMHC04 head. If you could try editing that model to look like the one from KOTOR, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Also, the second Hispanic head has the same texture layout as well. Possibly make a somewhat "short-haired" version too, maybe?

Thank you to anyone who could help with this.

:^:

Sure. Thanks for replying, Sith Holocron.

KOTOR heads

1. First Female head in picture:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/85501/5

(The first female head in this picture is the female head I want to be "recreated".)

2. 4th Male head in picture:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/85501/6

(The 4th Male head is the one that I want to be remade into TSL.)

3. Male Heads in TSL (PMHH01 & PMHH02):

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/85693/2

(The First Male head is the one that I want to be like the K1 PMHC04, aka the Mullet Guy. The Second male head in this picture is what I want to be a "short-haired" version)

Hmm. Hey, I just thought of something.

When editing models in KOTOR and TSL, can't you sort of "merge" two sections of say.... a head. Like changing the hair look?

Anyways, I remember looking at a scenery model that's in Peragus in TSL. In the very beginning there's that circular room that you wake up in, remember? There's also a bunch of wounded miners in kolto tanks floating around you. The one to the right of the Exile has the K1 PMHC04 Haircut. So I'm thinking you could just "cut" the hair portion of the model, and put it on PMHH01… right?

(BTW, the scenery/plc model is “101per2a.mdl”)

EDIT: And Daarala (The merchant that sells jedi stuff outside of the Jedi Enclave) has the same hair as the K1 Female head I requested... I can't believe I never noticed that....

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061214034144/starwars/images/2/22/Daraala1.JPG

EDIT 2: Well that's interesting. I took a texture of a K1 reskin of the PFHC01 head, and it fits Daraala's head model like a glove. I'd only want "slight" changes to the head though. The changes I'm talking about are making Daraala's nose a little smaller and to make the back of the head like the K1 PFHC01 model. Daraala's head model has a Bun in the back, whereas the K1 PFHC01 has a pony-tail.

Concerning the PFHC01 head, the actual face itself (excluding hair) has identical topology for both games. The only difference in TSL is that they tweaked the positions of some of the verts slightly, giving it a slightly shorter nose and chin, and less full cheeks. The UV map has some very minor changes as well. Part of that may have been to fix issues with the original K1 map, but they also added a mole to the upper lip on one side (so they needed to break those polys out to their own texture space). With the hair, it's basically the same, the TSL version just has a different fringe and the dangly bits at the sides. So for that head, you really don't need any mesh alterations at all, just a texture tweak.

For the PMHC04 head, there's no obvious direct descendent of the mullet man, but in terms of facial structure TSL's PMHH01 is the closest. Hair-wise it's the closest as well, so it may well have been a derivation of the PMHC04 mesh. If you weren't too picky about the hair, you could do a texture tweak on this one as well to bring it more in-line with the K1 head.

Basically what it boils down to is that model changes are problematic, so asking for radical model changes like replacing all the hair is probably not going to get you any takers. Texture tweaks are easy though, so if you can live with that you are far more likely to get what you want.

Edit: Tried to upload a a quick and dirty edit for you to try out, but I can't get any hosting sites to work properly. Blergh. Here's a pic. It still needs some tweaking of the colours and such to better match the K1 head, but if you'd like a copy then PM me an email address and I'll pass it along.

th_PFHC01_Retexure.jpg

Archived