Home

Hello everybody! Do you greet everyone you meet?

Hellow people! I recently stumbled across my aunty old magazine with an interesting article: how basic gestures such as 'Hi' and 'Hello' can have quite an impact on your life. The writer took up a test by greeting everyone he met for a month. The results were interesting....

• One assistant professor conducted a research at a school and had the teachers greet their students individually each morning. This resulted in the increased productivity of the students. Better grades, more active class participation, the likes.
  • Mails that begin with hello's and hi's are more likely be replied.
  • Pleasant environments evoke more reciprocal smiles and greetings.
  • Youngsters are usually scared of older people. They won't be the one who greet first and occasionally won't reply to greetings.
  • To quote "People you wouldn't normally acknowledge turn out to be the friendlest."

So, the next time you try writing a fanfic, review someone's mod or even your own, or starting a thread, make sure you begin with one of these tiny little words... Your fanfic may get more replies and your mods get more download count...

------

Who dares take up the writer's challenge by greeting everyone he/she meets?!

Who dares take up the writer's challenge by greeting everyone he/she meets?!

I would, but then that may mean I would actually have to talk to someone I greet and that is totally unacceptable. I do my best to avoid eye contact so they don't greet me and make me have to talk to them.

I greet everyone that walks into the door of my office and all it gets me is alot of small talk, I am talked out after work and don't want it when I am off too. :xp:

I greet everyone that walks into the door of my office and all it gets me is alot of small talk, I am talked out after work and don't want it when I am off too. :xp:

Are you ready for Christmas? Did you have a nice weekend? Cold, isn't it? See the football last night? :p

Mim, I share your pain. The last thing I want when I'm trying to help someone with their CV/look for a job is hear about how they've been so ill that they've spent the last three days on the toilet. :rolleyes:

I love greeting people, just today I greeted two strangers while I was out walking and offered both of them cigars, because I have lots of those. Almost all the friends I've made recently have come from random encounters where I was friendly and polite and they responded the same way! I definitely think being nice and pleasant and greeting people is a great way to make friends and be a nice person.

Archived