Home

Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Rogue15

Well I knew they had, but I didn't think they'd had any SERIOUS work done on it... though I shouldn't be surprised. BioWare and EA have been notorious for setting a release date about five minutes into working on crap. xD And they always get it in... usually with a bit disappointment. *cough* *ME3* *cough*

Honestly I wouldn't hold your breath for the Cathar. We were also promised SGRAs with the next story update, which is Makeb, but I'm almost 100% sure it won't be in there. They haven't updated us on it for... about six months to a year (other than saying, we have no new information, but let's face it, that's not new information...).

Same sex relationships in swtor is a lot different than the inclusion of the Cather as a playable species. BioWare did say that current companions would not be same sex partners and that to enable it they'd have to come up with new companions for players in later expansions.

Also, the announcement of Makeb was back during E3 2012... so with it's spring 2013 release, they would have a year of work put into it at least. That and there's still quite a few months to go till that time period. They've said several times over the last few months that the Makeb team have been working on the project continuously, so the real question ow is, how big is Makeb really going to be? We get a 5 level cap increase along with it so is the planet (assuming you play through it with a single class) going to be meaty enough to last 5 levels without the use of exp boosters?

Aye, but they told us at the summit it'd be with the next story update. Which would imply two new companions (unless they take the route they did with Juhani and say only females are allowed to have SGRAs :p), but that would be stupid considering we just got HK-51. Regardless it matters very little I suppose.

Well I guess, but I've seen games that were developed longer and they still disappointed. :p

Things change, the staff changes, number of people employed to work on projects, funding, etc. I'd like to see same sex relationships included sooner than later, but I'm also aware of the changes that have happened to BioWare Austin the past year that have affected their plans.

This expansion is set for a Spring 2013 release but there may be a delay, who knows. Right now, at this point in time, that's the time period they hope it's released. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't.

I'm patient enough to see what becomes of it.

Yeah I understand that too, which is one of the reasons I'm not so hopeful. To be honest I'm not sure they'll even include them at all. I know they promised them, but with staffing changes and the cuts... I think the reason they're avoiding actually saying it is because there are people who enjoy the story elements and would end up quitting over SGRAs. I personally wouldn't, I enjoy the mechanics of FPs and I love tanking and healing. I would just be majorly disappointed. Especially considering Juhani and Belaya, that male/male Mando relationship (can't remember their names). I mean I know it is obviously rare in the SW universe, but it still happens. It'd be nic to experience everything in the universe that goes on (in that time period anyway).

On another note, I wish it wasn't an all new companion thing. I like Vector and Torian... I wish my Cipher Nine and Grand Champion could romance them, respectively. Vector's my favorite companion in game, then it's Jaesa... let's face it, that insane bitch is hot whether you're gay, straight or bi. XD (I was disappointed in Ashara who claimed to be both Sith and Jedi, but she served the light side only).

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm patient as well, but honestly I'm not sure Makeb is gonna live up to the standards people are expecting.... even if it does, no one will get to explore it really. I figure the Harbinger will **** down... again... when we have people return. It's saddening, but I fear I'm gonna have to migrate to a different server just to be able to play. :(

From the press release:

“We know our fans want to keep experiencing the classic Star Wars storylines they love, and that’s what we’re delivering with the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion,” said Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer at BioWare Austin. “The planet Makeb is shaping up to be one of our most breathtakingly beautiful settings and the clash with the Hutt Cartel is epic and exciting. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a lot more surprises in store for our fans next year!”

The Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel will send players to Makeb, a dual-faction planet where players will continue their battles with the merciless Hutt Cartel. During their journey, players will meet new allies, make new enemies and uncover the cutting-edge technology on this vibrant planet. Experience five new levels of story driven missions to an already expansive; epic online universe that will raise the level cap to 55.

To answer your question, Canderis, sadly, no. From the Dev Tracker on the SWTOR Forums:

Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

Don't know what to think of it. I was really hoping to start a new chapter in my bounty hunter's story, but I'll have to see it first to really judge it.

It's really disappointing that there aren't any new class quests... I was hoping to see the beginning of the next chapter of my various toons' storylines.

I guess the most I can hope for is that the planet quest line ends up being really good.

@ Sylthar: I feel the same way. I always imagined my Sith Warrior, Silvana and Vette together. But that will never be...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived