Home

Spare Belaya

bunjeeman

Hello again. I've been wondering for some time now why the dark side option with Juhani leaves you so screwed over (one person short with crew). So, I've come up with an idea; replace Juhani with Belaya, while keeping the LS/DS option open (you can turn her back to the light or leave her dark).

So, here it is as I wrote it out in my 'Mod Ideas' folder (I have some more ideas like this, but I'm still ironing them out and drwing up an armor suit for one of them).

Belaya, Consular

If you kill Juhani, and then go to Korriban, instead of just killing the fallen Belaya, you take her in. There is no option to kill her.

Backstory disscussions; (Note: is it possible, that if you degrade her and yet are light, she goes dark, and vice versa (you build her up, and are dark, she goes light)?)

1 She and Juhani were friends for a long time.

2 She had started to have feelings for her, hence her hatred for the player.

3 There was a rift between her and Juhani, and Belaya fears that is what sent Juhani down the dark path.

4 The rift was caused by jealousy; she overheard Dak and Juhani before Dak left, and a feeling of possessiveness flared up in her.

5 NOTE: this part can happen at any time (and Belaya must be in the party); Korriban. They meet Dak, and Belaya nearly loses it. LS, you restrain her and Dak leaves (same as if Juhani were alive). DS, you let her attack him (I am undecided as to have him die or not).

6 This happens after the leviathan. You convince Belaya to go to either the Light or Dark side (finding out that she has been travelling with Revan will be quite a turning point).

7 Lehon. Light Belaya tries to kill you if you go dark, dark Belaya tries to kill you if you go light.

Lines in battle: “*shout*” “Be still.” “You shall fall!”

Right, there it is.

For this to be as good as possible, a voice actor will be needed. I know that might be a stretch for something that's only been put up as a suggestion, but it's a fact that alien speech or no speech at all is annoying with a character that came with a voice.

I'd also like it if the disscussions have more than two options per player dialogue. I don't want complexity, as many lines with other NPC's get the same response, but still.

If you want to take this up, let me know, as there are a few things about Belaya's personality that I would like to sort out.

Well that would leave you with needing to re-record Dak's lines as well. Although, if you leave her DS or change her to LS, then why would you change your mind about your own alignment so late in the game? lol I'd say she's non-hostile no matter what, much like Canderous Ordo... he's a Darksider but he would follow Revan to hell and back before finding out he's Revan. He would attack Bastila if he was able to go in there with Revan and he'd attack Jolee/Juhani if he follwed Revan into the Temple (if it were possible for him to). Belaya (in my opinion) should stick with Revan no matter what his/her final decision is. I also feel that changing her alignment would be unnecessary. She is Sith after Juhani's death...

If you leave her DS or change her to LS, then why would you change your mind about your own alignment so late in the game? lol I'd say she's non-hostile no matter what, much like Canderous Ordo... he's a Darksider but he would follow Revan to hell and back before finding out he's Revan. He would attack Bastila if he was able to go in there with Revan and he'd attack Jolee/Juhani if he follwed Revan into the Temple (if it were possible for him to). Belaya (in my opinion) should stick with Revan no matter what his/her final decision is. I also feel that changing her alignment would be unnecessary. She is Sith after Juhani's death...

I do see your reasoning, but you have to keep in mind that some light side players (my brothers, for example, cannot bring themselves to go dark) may want to use this mod (if it is made). I'd like to keep the LS/DS options open, as people make weird decisions (they'll go light then dark, or vice versa). And the dialogue would fit that; when she tells you each part, you can build her up or slap her down. And if you're light but go dark (again, people make weird decisions), it would make no sense for her to be non-hostile.

Hello again. I've been wondering for some time now why the dark side option with Juhani leaves you so screwed over (one person short with crew). So, I've come up with an idea; replace Juhani with Belaya, while keeping the LS/DS option open (you can turn her back to the light or leave her dark).

Belaya, Consular

If you kill Juhani, and then go to Korriban, instead of just killing the fallen Belaya, you take her in. There is no option to kill her.

Backstory disscussions; (Note: is it possible, that if you degrade her and yet are light, she goes dark, and vice versa (you build her up, and are dark, she goes light)?)

1 She and Juhani were friends for a long time.

2 She had started to have feelings for her, hence her hatred for the player.

3 There was a rift between her and Juhani, and Belaya fears that is what sent Juhani down the dark path.

4 The rift was caused by jealousy; she overheard Dak and Juhani before Dak left, and a feeling of possessiveness flared up in her.

5 NOTE: this part can happen at any time (and Belaya must be in the party); Korriban. They meet Dak, and Belaya nearly loses it. LS, you restrain her and Dak leaves (same as if Juhani were alive). DS, you let her attack him (I am undecided as to have him die or not).

6 This happens after the leviathan. You convince Belaya to go to either the Light or Dark side (finding out that she has been travelling with Revan will be quite a turning point).

7 Lehon. Light Belaya tries to kill you if you go dark, dark Belaya tries to kill you if you go light.

Lines in battle: “*shout*” “Be still.” “You shall fall!”

I actually happen to support this idea quite happily. I saw this this morning and thought about it over the course of the day and I like it. Belaya does make sense. If I had a computer that I could work on, I would happily write the dialogue for you and even start on the scripting. I could give lots of advice on the writing if a dialogue writer wanted to PM me.

So not that it amounts to much, but here's my two cents.

If I had a computer that I could work on, I would happily write the dialogue for you and even start on the scripting. I could give lots of advice on the writing if a dialogue writer wanted to PM me.

So not that it amounts to much, but here's my two cents.

Thanks! That means a lot. :D

Archived