Home

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III

The Lord of Chaos

Hi, I'm new here. **** canon and **** BioWare and their MMO.

I loved Knights I & II and I signed up to share my story idea for Knights III. I'd set it two years after Knights II. The only way my story idea could work is if the new PC becomes more powerful than Revan and the Exile, though. Furthermore, the developers would have to forget the MMO ever happened.

Anyway, about two thirds or three quarters into the game, the main character unlocks the navicomputer of the Ebon Hawk with T3-M4's help. This leads him or her to the unknown regions, where a civil war among the Sith is taking place.

If Revan and the Exile are set to light side, they're pretending to be Sith. If they're dark side, they're Sith Lords trying to become the new emperor. If one is light side and the other is dark side, the light sider pretends to go along with the dark sider.

The emperor wins the civil war and takes Revan and the Exile as prisoners, to lure out the new PC and his or her companions. The emperor takes most of his forces to Coruscant, for the final battle against the remaining Jedi, Mandalorians, Republic troops and HK-52 droids.

The new PC frees Revan and the Exile from their prison cells. They go to Coruscant and help the resistance destroy the emperor and his forces. If Revan and the Exile are set to light side, they have become consumed by the power of the dark side. The dark side controls the force user, not the other way around.

So regardless of the PC's alignment, Revan's alignment and the Exile's alignment, there will be a confrontation at the end. If the PC is light side, he or she can redeem them. If the PC is dark side, he or she must kill them to become the new Sith emperor, as they are a threat to his or her power.

The end.

Or, alternatively, instead of light side Revan and light side Exile falling to the dark side, you have them secretly assassinating Sith leaders, destabilising their empire. The player was a former padawan in the Jedi Civil War who spends a large part of the game stopping some of the Sith forces who invade the galaxy, with the help of a Jedi Knight.

Hey everybody,

I like everyone else here loved the characters, story, and action of the KotOR series and was extremely disappointed that they did not finish the story. With that in mind I decided to write my own version of what I think would be a cool way for it to happen, what I have so far can be found at this link. Tell me what you think, i'll accept what ever advice you offer.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6902825/1/KotOR-3-Return-from-the-Unkown-Regions

As a story idea for Kotor that keeps it canon and Believable, it should be set after the Revan Novel. However, since kotor is based on Revan and his experiences, the best place for Kotor 3 to be set would be the Mandalorian Wars. It ties into the story of Revan, is kept canon and we can see characters from the games, not to mention learning the backstories of Kreia/Traya, Sion and Nihilus who were severely lacking in story. Thats the only place for kotor to go.

Thats my idea^ :p

I liked your idea but its so farfetched, it just might work :xp:

Xenos, it's good, you've portrayed the characters accurately - but it's only good as fan fiction, not for a video game. Having canon in video games is an insult to dark side players, female Revan players and male Exile players. BioWare's biggest mistake was using a canon Revan and canon Exile in their MMO. It is unnecessary and defeats the purpose of RPGs in the first place.

And Livingtime, what would the story set in the Mandalorian wars be about? We already know what happens and I don't see the potential for an RPG in a setting like that. A FU or Battlefront type game in that setting would be sweet, though.

As for my story idea, you could scrap the idea of light side Revan and light side Exile falling to the dark side and instead have them operating as assassins, targeting the dark council of the Sith to destabilise their leadership and plunge them into a civil war.

• 2 weeks later...

Better as a novel, in my opinion. I'm strictly against fixing Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment in video games, but if that's what they do (as they did in the Old Republic), then so be it.

For a video game plot, I'd go for something like my own idea, the standard go on an adventure and search for/or destroy something, then head off to kill the final bosses, with the help of Revan and the Exile, who have motives for defeating the main boss, regardless of their alignment.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211730

I really agree with you Lord of Chaos. I posted a vague outline of my ideas in a different topic. I like your idea of meeting Revan and the Exile and keeping them as companions.

Looks like the damn canon is blocking any future developments though. Why did they have to bring back Revan, retcon a lot of stuff and make a canon version just to give him a cameo in a MMO?

I really agree with you Lord of Chaos. I posted a vague outline of my ideas in a different topic. I like your idea of meeting Revan and the Exile and keeping them as companions.

Looks like the damn canon is blocking any future developments though. Why did they have to bring back Revan, retcon a lot of stuff and make a canon version just to give him a cameo in a MMO?

Thanks. It would have been easy to bring back Revan and the Exile without canon. All they had to do was think of a way to make them both wearing masks. The civil war idea between the Sith and connection between the Exile and Nihilus made that possible. LS Revan/LS Exile weren't going to be wearing Jedi robes if they infiltrated a Sith faction.

$$$ and poor writing is why they did it. A little bone to throw to the dogs who loved KotOR I & II. They could have at least kept the mask on Revan and hid his appearance. And don't get me started on the Exile's appearance... wow. She looked terrible, sounded stupid and had her head up Revan's ass.

• 2 months later...

I'm actually against KOTOR III now. I think it's time to leave that time period alone now after all that has happened when they made that MMO game and the Revan book. It's been beaten to death now and people aren't happy about it.

To me it's time to start fresh. Ask yourself why you were drawn to KOTOR in the first place. It was a fresh story with fresh characters in a time period unexplored. That made it exciting and then the story just blew us away.

That's what needs to happen again. I would love a new role playing game like KOTOR in a time period unexplored, like 1500-2000 years before the birth of Anakin Skywalker. It's too bad I didn't work with LucasArts, I would be fighting for this.

I'm actually against KOTOR III now. I think it's time to leave that time period alone now after all that has happened when they made that MMO game and the Revan book. It's been beaten to death now and people aren't happy about it.

To me it's time to start fresh. Ask yourself why you were drawn to KOTOR in the first place. It was a fresh story with fresh characters in a time period unexplored. That made it exciting and then the story just blew us away.

That's what needs to happen again. I would love a new role playing game like KOTOR in a time period unexplored, like 1500-2000 years before the birth of Anakin Skywalker. It's too bad I didn't work with LucasArts, I would be fighting for this.

I don't disagree, actually, it's just wishful thinking on my part. If the kind of KotOR III I wanted to happen was going to happen, it would have years ago. LA were working on KotOR III, but due to the economic crisis had a massive lay off of staff and had to cancel the game.

You've probably heard OE is pushing to make a Star Wars game set between III and IV. I think that's beating a dead horse, too. OE should have a crack at a fresh story set 1500-2000 years before the films and if they made a trilogy, actually plan it out.

Hi, I'm new here. **** canon and **** BioWare and their MMO.

I have a feeling that they will (hopefully) decide to retcon a lot of things when the new movies are released. IMO that would allow them to forget that gaudy Revan book...

I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't get too involved in the canon though. I'm sure many fans wouldn't be pleased...

Archived