Home

KOTOR 1080p mod causing lag on Dantooine, other issues

Sael

Hi everyone, I recently picked up a mod to play the original KOTOR at 1920x1080 and it was working alright up until Dantooine.

I'm having frame rate issues outside the temple even with all settings at minimum. I'm also having some funky cut scene issues when I leave grass on- Namely, my character floats awkwardly relative to his environment.

Finally, I am having an issue with the game in general wherein my action UI sort of floats in the middle of my screen instead of being docked at the bottom.

If there's any way to fix these issues I'd really appreciate the help. My PC is more than capable of running this game, seeing as it runs TOR on max settings without any issues, ever. My specs, just for parity:

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD FX 4100 3.60 gz Quad Core

Radeon HD 7750 880mhz

8 GB RAM

-Sadly, widescreen resolution is problematic...

-Did you do the 'Dantooine lag fix'?

• First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor(2)\swkotor(2).ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.
  • When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.
  • Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options
  • Under the last line ("last line" as in the last line of the list of entries under "Graphics Options", NOT the last line of "swkotor(2).ini), add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.
  • Goto File, then Save.

** Since you're using Win7 64 bit, the default installation of kotor is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\swkotor2\"

-Sadly, widescreen resolution is problematic...

-Did you do the 'Dantooine lag fix'?

** Since you're using Win7 64 bit, the default installation of kotor is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\swkotor2\"

Hiya, thanks for the response- to be perfectly honest with you, my original copy of KOTOR was for XBox. I sort of went a little Boba Fett on this project and downloaded a .iso version of the game that I'm running with Daemon Tools, so no install directory. Any chance there's still a fix?

Archived