Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoo-Hoo! Another night at work! :dozey:

Hopefully this one ends early. I'm tired.

Only a few more days and then I'm off to visit dad in sunny Florida. That will be a nice change of pace for a few days. I don't have much time-off built up though... so it has to be a somewhat brief trip. I tried to schedule it around a school holiday so I could get an extra free day.

about to purchase the newer xbox 360....$300...got my older one but it only has like 2 gigs left, new one with 250gb...probably comes with new game too. :) yes i will go buy it right now!

bought it! it came with the new forza and free dload of skyrim. :joy: cant wait to play...features im happy it came with that made the purchase legit: way more hd space, hdmi port, integrated wifi, headset, skyrim.

happy happy joy joy!!! lol now i gotta decide if i want to transfer everything from my original over or just start fresh...probably start fresh with a new gamertag....hmmm wonder what one i will pick. dont have xbox live here. :(

I used to like racing games, but I haven't really found one I like on the 360. The Forza games seemed like they might be cool, but I never felt I had the time to actually learn one of them right. There's so much to them. I long for the simple days of Daytona USA. There were four cars and three tracks. That was all we needed back in my day!

The only reason I got Forza, is my big brother is into racing, and it is one of the few types of games I could not easily play on my Laptop.

Forza is for people who love cars and want to race them. Your not stuck with ovals, you have such a wide variety of cars and tracks which give it a huge replay value.

I put "Herbie" into the club garage, tho the '63 VW Beetle requires DLC. Dropped a 1.7L engine into it and tweaked and tuned it near max in the F class

having fun right now on plenty of fish emailed like 10 women on there, not expecting a single one of them to reply. i figure the more i message the more chance i will have of getting a reply email. if i message 10 a day in a week, that's 70 different women a week, certainly i will at least get 1 reply back!

K.K.: Herbie looks nice! Did you do the vinyl designs yourself?

I never had the patience for that. I did a few back in FM3... But I haven't tried any in 4.

I usually just paint my cars a pewter color, with blacked out trim... If I even bother to do that.

Often, I'm buying a car just to meet the requirements of a single race series, and I just max out the upgrades for that class, tweak the tuning for the type of tracks we'll be on, and go... never planning on racing that car again once I've taken gold in those events.

i was right the dentist that did my filling ****ed me. filling was right onto the nerve, so ended up having to get it pulled. miserable right now.
If the filling was "right on the nerve" then it means that the decay went that deep. Most dentists don't like to get too close to the pulp when doing a filling, but sometimes the decay goes that deep. Even if we don't actually perforate into the pulp chamber when cleaning out decay, sometimes the pulp can get irritated from all the drilling.

Dentists are human and many make mistakes, but it bugs the hell out of me when people blame dentists for what is ultimately their own fault.

K.K.: Herbie looks nice! Did you do the vinyl designs yourself?

Yes I did, was not too difficult, once i realized you could rotate, skew, and change the size of the vinyls. It probably took me an hour or so. The the hardest part was getting the numbers on the hood since on the mesh it was half on the hood and half on the top.

For me, If one of my cars isn't up to the class, I will upgrade as needed. For tweaking I just use the tuning guide. I am just doing career mode now, but I might just start going after the events specifically

then why didnt he just pull it to begin with? or root canal. and no there wasnt even a cavity in that tooth at least not noticable, and the tooth didn't even hurt until the ****er ****ed with it.
Because you don't just pull a tooth because it has a deep filling. A root canal is a major procedure on a tooth and permanently weakens it, plus it is also expensive, so we try to avoid getting to that point.

Point is, stop blaming the dentist for trying to fix the decay in your teeth that is ultimately your own fault. Just because you can't see it when you look in the mirror doesn't mean it isn't there.

Trust me, I'm a ****ing doctor.

lol ok whatever, at least i didnt have to pay for any of it, cause if i did i would be beyond pissed. get off your high horse. the tooth that this happened to was the bottom one, second one to the back from the canine on the left side.

military dentists probably have a different way of doing things than civilian doctors...i know the pay is the same for a military dentist regardless of the operation.

yeah you are probably right about the tooth decay.....but it would have gotten the dentist points from me if he would have told me the filling was RIGHT ON THE NERVE.

at the very least, that tooth survived over a year after without as much pain (though still had pain not present whatsoever before the drill and fill).

in the end, all of my teeth and bones are going to be scattered somewhere across the earth or in a box or burned so it doesnt ****ing matter so why bother ranitng about it on an internet message board.

That is why I like my Dentist. To them we are a part of a team, if i do a good job of brushing and flossing my teeth, they don't have to do much work. But they can only do so much with cleaning.

Right now I have another tooth that is riddled with fillings and is starting to fall apart. My dentist is recommending an extraction and crown on that one. After going through the process before (getting impressions done next week for crown #1) I know what is involved, and i might just do it to get the awesome pain meds.. twice.

Yes I did, was not too difficult, once i realized you could rotate, skew, and change the size of the vinyls. It probably took me an hour or so. The the hardest part was getting the numbers on the hood since on the mesh it was half on the hood and half on the top.

For me, If one of my cars isn't up to the class, I will upgrade as needed. For tweaking I just use the tuning guide. I am just doing career mode now, but I might just start going after the events specifically

I'll look into that guide sometime. I had an iPhone app for FM3 tunings... but after doing it a couple of times, I can usually do it by feel.

You should sell that design on the marketplace. Get you some more game credits and unlock an achievement.

I've never had a filling. I've had my wisdom teeth out, my molars sealed with plastic, and a gum tissue graft, but I've never had a cavity, or needed braces.

All packed. I leave for Florida in the a.m. :)

Also: My new windshield is fantastic. I didn't realize how scratched and pitted the old one was until I drove around tonight with one so clean that I didn't know it was there.

I got a flu shot tonight. Now that the flu panic is subsiding... :rolleyes:

I'm not bringing a computer with me this time, just my phone... so posting may be even more sparse than it has been of late. But it's only 10 days, including 2 days of travel... so I wanted to travel really light this time.

Anyway: I'll check in from the beach!

:joy:

So... Going through airport security it was pointed out to me that my license expired last June.

Ah... Oops.

I guess I'll have to take care of that as soon as I get back. It also means no driving down south. Bummer.

I can't believe I haven't pulled out my ID at any time in the last 7 or 8 months and noticed it before. Strange...

Archived