Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda sad to know that no more Jedi Knight games are incoming.

The excellent Jedi Outcast wasn't even made by LucasArts, so I don't think the closing of the studio will affect that. People love this series, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another game in the future.

And nothing will ressurect the X-Wing Series... ;_;

You never know. If Chris Roberts' new space sim is a big success, we could see renewed interest in making another X-Wing game.

And nothing will ressurect the X-Wing Series... ;_;

Well, maybe there will be some changes to good after all of this years? "Effective" office managers didn't understand our dire need in new Star Wars flight simulator, preferring to order and make WoW-clones and games in style "press A to win". Maybe guys in Disney should be more tough to understand us and call Lawrence Holland to make a new flight sim? Now lot of multiplayer simulators being made, becoming more and more popular, at least there's already strong competition between World of Warplanes and War Thunder. No of multiplayer (with additional single) space flight simulator yet, so Disney must hurry if they don't want to loose their money.

K_Kinnison, yes, you told about those troubles in cross-platform video games where console players has no chances against that ones who uses to play on PCs. But, once again, you talking about FPS and RTS games where PC players widely uses mouse in keyboard+mouse controls, while console players must handle with gamepad only, of cause, having lot of disadvantages in comparison to PC players.

But in flight simulators like XWA there is no mouse being used during the flight, we use there joystick+keyboard controls, so i think that all XWA controls can be easily implemented in gamepad. Flight, engine controls, weapon selection, targeting and energy balance... everything! With no roll out menus or complicated trees of choice, just by combinations of buttons. Complicated? Yes, not that easy. But remember how many times we crashed while learning of PC controls in StarWars: X-wing, Tie-fighter and then XWA! So in console version there's just enough to make some sort of tutorial and training missions to let console flying pilots to understand everything and improve their skills of controls to level of automatism.

In other words i want to say that we are hypnotized with lot of examples where console players cannot match with PC players only because of console controls disadvantages. But we always forget that all of those games uses mouse+keyboard, while XWA uses joystick+keyboard scheme that in fact are just some sort of a "gamepad emulator". That's why i sure that console players in XWA-alike flight simulator will have absolutely no disadvantages in comparison to PC players. I should sooner believe that console players will have advantages, making PC players to shout "it's unfair!". XWA-alike game CAN be cross-platform, i believe in this.

And, even if somebody wants to play with console, but don't want to use gamepad... what can stop him/her from buying a keyboard and joystick? Modern consoles lets easily to switch such of twopenny-halfpenny devices (with emulator through USB, of cause), that is available to buy even in the sh!ttest village of Zimbabwe. Lucasarts (and Microsoft) was ready to make "press A to win" games for Kinect, hoping that players will be ready to buy such of exotic device to play the game, but they were afraid to make a game that should just possibly demand player to buy a keyboard. Where's logic?

That's it, something like that.

you could always consume less calories. R15

If you are going to create a Space Flight sim, it needs to work on the console market, and i don't think that is ever going to be possible unless they do fly on rails, which sucks

i have been. my diet is like this: chicken breast sandwich with swiss cheese lettuce and tomato for lunch, turkey wrap (tortilla with sliced turkey and swiss cheese) for supper. i don't drink soda anymore for drinks i have cranberry juice, milk or water. don't know how i'm not losing anything, yet at home i was able to go to mcdonalds like every day get a mcgangbang and maintain a weight of 175.

Eh... seems like a beater... but it might last you a couple of years. Volvos are notoriously hard to kill...

Finally! A nice day out that I actually have off! Gonna try to get outside for a walk for a while.

i have been. my diet is like this: chicken breast sandwich with swiss cheese lettuce and tomato for lunch, turkey wrap (tortilla with sliced turkey and swiss cheese) for supper. i don't drink soda anymore for drinks i have cranberry juice, milk or water. don't know how i'm not losing anything, yet at home i was able to go to mcdonalds like every day get a mcgangbang and maintain a weight of 175.

I wouldn't know since I don't know the calories involved. A chicken sandwich could be up to 600 to 700 calories depending on the cheese and bread used. If you really want to know you have to actually figure out the calories of everything you intake. A bag of chips can be up to 300 calories, and even an 8 oz glass of juice can be over 200 calories if there are a lot of sugars added. Not to mention a beer can be anywhere from 100 to 200 calories.

lol i dont really count calories I just avoid soda, dessert, starches i think it's just the amount of daily activity, when i'm home i'm constantly moving around, here not so much...

possibly going to combatives level 2 at the end of this month, then WLC most likely if i can finish online course prerequisite..

Rogue15, i heard in the USA lot of people increases weight because of lot of not natural food, and especially meat where is lot of hormones that being injected to animals while they grows in farms to increase their muscle mass. Such of meat cannot be digest by people and more, disturbs hormonal balance of humans bodies, making them fat. At least in Russia is as widely known about American meat as it's enough here of only to rumor that a meat in a store was manufactured in the USA to prevent it to be bought at least by anybody.

Archived