Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

finally content. happily single right now. figured out what i wanna do to stay happy without needing a relationship when i get home. movies, games, running, hiking, college, bowling, pool, fishing, hunting, teaching my nephews bad habits, working out.

not downing on relationships, but maybe i could just fall into a good one if i can finally be content with myself, so long as it never ever ever ever ever again involves doing stupid **** to make someone else happy in order to keep the relationship going. **** that ****. if you ain't down with me, you don't deserve me. however, i am not going to be a shallow person to others. when i get home and in college/work whatever i want to get to know everybody and be friends with as many people as i can...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bad weekend to be in Boston. Doubly so if you happen to have a body that's less than "Marathon-Ready".

The city is way, WAYYYY overcrowded with impossibly thin people in spandex. I feel like a water buffalo in comparison.

Ed, that is why on may 3rd we are leaving LaCrosse for Wisconsin's "Tourist town" of Wisconsin dells. We have a heavily advertised half marathon concurring during that time.

Of course if we didn't have the deal to go to a waterpark resort, my wife would be doing a 5k walk, and I would be doing a 40+ mile bike tour.

pissed off right now....i hate when they ask me to switch my duty assignment, and then i end up getting ****ed in the ass for it and have to replace someone in my squad that was too stupid to apply sunscreen. give me a ****ing break. rather be outside the wire with a pt belt on than pulling down tents. ****.

I had my own worries in the aftermath of the attack...a few of my friends were bowling in the big national tournament in Reno over the weekend (in fact, their team event was webcast by the USBC b/c a couple of the members of their group, but on the other team, were affiliated with Team USA). I thought they were coming home on Monday and feared they would have to make other plans when Logan was closed. One of them did make it home Monday, though; the rest returned yesterday, and they had planned it that way to save on the airfare.

BTW, their group did very well...the team w/ the Team USA members moved into 4th place while the companion team (with my friends) is still in the top 50. (As an aside, the best groups do work together on the pair.)

Sorry for Boston, ed.

I was worried you might have been injured hanging out at the finish line trying to pick up some sweet lady marathoner action, but then I saw you on XBox Live and knew all was well!

No. I avoid the city whenever possible during big events like this.

There was a shift at work, but I wasn't on it. The rest of the college was shut down becuse of the state holiday, and the fact that our campus is pretty much slit in half by the marathon route. We are about 4 or 5 blocks from the finish line.

Having the forums go down at the same time as all this was highly inconvenient to letting everyone here know that I was OK. Facebook helped there a bit...

Looks like no work this week, thanks to our place falling within the perimeter of the investigation.

I am so glad I am avoiding the news. I get tired of them rehashing the same story different ways and even the mis-information, and speculation is verging on insanity.

And it looks my FLGS is closing, after the death of the owner. I now have no place nearby to buy my games or RPG material. Not to mention the game store was where I usually went for my D&D game.

Time to invest and become a small-business owner!

In other news: Huge stuff going down at M.I.T. as I type. Possible suspect sighting. Confirmed shooting of a police officer. The area is swarming with cops.

I'm not sure what to make of my city at the moment...

maybe playing with a light bright might calm you down? (Yes, Bad joke!)

And yes Ed, my wife and I talked it over briefly. We don't have the money to buy a game store, let alone run one. If i got a business degree, and filed for a loan to open one up, I would do it. I would actually be happy

****'s gettin crazy over there! damn.

I got confirmation that I will be going to WLC!!!!!!!!

Saw 'The Evil Dead' last night, it was alright i guess...i never saw the original the whole way through, but it was a little similar except way more gore obviously. lol

Also, I got an advisor from my college working with me finally...got some good classes set up for fall...effective speaking, college algebra, intro to computer applications, intro to sociology, and intro to psychology. 8am-2:30pm. monday, wednesday, and friday. much better schedule than i had last year.

Hmmm... doubt it. The two brothers involved are known to be Chechen nationals, but with possible al-Qaeda connections is the current working theory.

One is dead, the other is on the run, armed and possibly wearing a vest wired with explosives. They killed a number of police last night in a shoot out.

My ENTIRE city is in a total lockdown situation currently. I woke up to find myself in an active war zone this morning...

Archived